Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly have to reboot modem

Highlighted
Alum

Re: Constantly have to reboot modem

Hi Mark,

Best bet is to post here a few days before you are going to head out to this location. Then we'll move from there. 

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted
Sophomore

Chris,

I will be up there at the location this coming Friday Nov. 20th. It would be great if an experienced technician at HughesNet could call and see if we can't get this sorted out. Preferably after 10:00 AM MST. Can they give me an approximate time window? Is there a way for me to privately send you the correct phone number for them to call? The official number on the account is not actually at that location.

Strangely our connection has come back up since we last talked. This also happened when we had this problem in the past. It would randomly lose the Internet connection and then randomly come back up, sometimes hours, days, or weeks later, even if we were not at the home and had not rebooted the modem. We have not been on site and have not rebooted the modem or done anything since I last talked to you. . There was no power outage to my knowledge that could have effectively rebooted it for us. Odd and frustrating. We really need this to return to a more reliable connection.

Thanks,

Mark
Highlighted
Alum

Hi mmollinet,

Since your site is back up at this time. I've informed our engineers to look at your site. We may be able to resolve this before head in Friday so that you'll only need to test out that everything is working fine once you arrive. Once I have an update I will let you know. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help to address your concerns.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted
Alum

Hi Mark,

Our engineering team was able to pass a fix through to your modem which should allow it to properly configure with the airport router connected. Your site should no longer have this problem of disconnecting randomly. When you arrive to this location Friday take some time to test everything out and let us know if you run into any other issues. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

Chris,

So far so good.  I was onsite for several days and everything seems to be working OK.  It has not disconnected since you said they put a patch through to the modem. 

Thanks for the help,

Mark
Highlighted
Alum

Hi Mark,

Glad to hear it. Our engineers advised me that you should be fine as well. If anything does come up feel free to let us know. 

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

Chris,

I could be Mark's twin.  I have exactly the same situation at my vacation house: an HT1000 connected to an apple router (which connects to another one which distributes to the house)  It will randomly hang about once per day (though just did twice in the last hour).  This has been going on for several years.    It sounds like there is a software patch that will improve this.  How can I get it?

thanks

Brad