cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual connectivity issues

Sophomore

Continual connectivity issues

After 4 months I am still trying to learn to live with HughesNet but still connection issues and slow download speeds and no support. Hughes net is built only for limited user who only wants to check email and browse. They can not handle a real user and since you only get hughesnet when you live so far out no one else provides coverage they have you right where they want you.

Newest and latest issue: No internet service and every time I call they will NOT send a technician out to correct or look at the overall problem. We need a service tech!!!!! How do I get one??

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES
Sophomore

How do you get support?

I try and usually give up when trying to get support but now I really need it and I can not give up. How do I get tech support who will listen and help? Phone- won't talk to me unless I am in front of the router so I can not do while at work. Chat - window never comes up and goes to email. Email - never a response.

Tags (1)
Advanced Tutor

Re: How do you get support?

@Kaiserfamily

The HughesNet Support Community is made up of mostly customers with two or so actual corporate level Hughesnet employees.

Alot of the technical issues and/or questions that you may have may already have been asked and resolved by other customers...you can do a simple search of previous topics that have been discussed within the community to see if any of the answers can be applied to your own issues. Just type in your question and/or keywords and anything relating to that will show up.

Untitled.pngyou will find the search option toward the top of each main category within the community.

Usually...a quick search of the community, often times, will answer any technical question you have...but if not, you can also start your own conversation/topic on here clearly describing what issues you are experiencing and someone with knowledge on that particular issue will reply to you. Be sure to use the subject line as a way to highlight your actual problem (for example: my modem is not lighting up or I cannot connect to the internet)

If your technical issue requires additional, indepth diagnostics, one of the actual moderators (the two Hughesnet employees I mentioned earlier) will jump on and assist you further.

Sophomore

My issue is a hardware problem. The power cable has been shorting and frayed since we got it. They will not send a technician or a new one unless I do diagnostics with them while sitting in front of the router. I just want someone from support to actually respond to me not put me on a runaround on the phone and never send me what I need.

Advanced Tutor

Re: Continual connectivity issues

@Kaiserfamily

I just now replied to your 'how do we get support' question not seeing that you had posted a second conversation...

Anyways, based on what you are saying in that you have NO internet service, I'll tag @Liz or @Amanda so they can run remote diagnostics, and, if neccesary, send out a tech guy. (these are the two reps I spoke about in my last reply to you)

With this being Monday morning, it may take some time for them to reply to your conversation here...please be patient.

I can assure you that these two gals are very good at what they do...

I'm copying and pasting the additional detailed issue that you outlined in your other conversation so that the mods can see this..

"My issue is a hardware problem. The power cable has been shorting and frayed since we got it. They will not send a technician or a new one unless I do diagnostics with them while sitting in front of the router. I just want someone from support to actually respond to me not put me on a runaround on the phone and never send me what I need."

Advanced Tutor

@Kaiserfamily

..we keep missing each other. I just noticed and replied to your other conversation. I'll go ahead and tag the mods on this conversation too @Amanda @Liz but being that your other conversation is more clearly labled in the subject line, you will most likely get a response on that one first. I have copied and pasted the issue that you have descibed over to the other conversation that you started. It might just be a mtter of sending you another power cord for your modem.

Sophomore

Thank you. I am glad someone is willing to help. I am beyond frustrated and angry at this point.

Advanced Tutor

@Kaiserfamily

You previously mentioned that the "power cable has been shorting and frayed since we got it"

Is this the power cable that you are referring to? Just want to make sure that the mods, when they see this, know exactly what the problem is.

Untitled2.png

If this is the cable your referring to, do you know, off hand, what modem model # you have? HT2000w is the newest one (which the built in router) but there are other, older models HT1100 etc.

Each modem model may have a slightly different power cord/brick.

While there are some technical issues that do require that the customer be in front of their computer, or have access to their modem during any diagnostic tests, if you are sure that the power cable is main cause of your issues, I'm sure that the reps can send you out replacement power cord.

With regards to 'replacement costs' of this cable..I wouldn't be able to tell you whether this is something you should expect to incur or not, but I would highly doubt it if, like you previously mentioned, the power cable was frayed or somehow damaged to begin with.

Hi Kaiserfamily,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I'm sending you a complimentary modem, complete with a new power cord. Please send your old one in the box you receive; there will be a prepaid shipping label in the outer pouch. Please expect the replacement modem to arrive this week. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted
Sophomore

Thank you so much. I will let you know how everything goes.