cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued slow speeds on Beam 55 Norcal....help????

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Continued slow speeds on Beam 55 Norcal....help????

@jezra wrote:

As this is supposedly a 'community' support site, and you are part of the community, perhaps it is your place to say what is entailed in the requisite tech support visit. 

There aren't a lot of options as what is required by the tech visit, it could be:

1. replacing the modem

2. repositioning the dish

3. updating the modem software in a manner that can not be done remotely

Hopefully HughesNet becomes quite a bit more transparent and open regarding this issue. 

While gokartergo24 is part of the Community, he is also an installer, and the two things are separate.  That he volunteered the info he did is nice, as he doesn't have to divulge anything.    

I just hope the issue is fixed soon.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
gokartergo24
Tutor

Thanks,,  I wish I could say more.  I am just an installer. Not one of the engineers.. But what they have planned that I know of.  Sounds like a really good start..

BA_87
Sophomore

Do we have an ETA of when this whole thing will be fixed?? Keeping us in the dark isnt doing any good.
BA_87
Sophomore

And in the meantime, we are still paying for the service. Hughesnet needs to get their act together
EdV
Sophomore

I'm sure if we word it properly, we could probably only pay for the service we are getting...

Something like:

<tongue in cheek mode =on>

Dear Hughesnet,  I am consistently receiving only 1/20th my Gen5 speeds.  This issue has been going on for several months.  As a result, I am only paying 1/20th of my bill until the problem is fixed.

"Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated."

Signed, unhappy user

<tongue in cheek mode =off>

It works for them :-)  Maybe it will work for us.  What do ya think?

COME ON HUGHES,  BE BETTER!

Location: Placerville, CA|Gen5 Beam:55|Gateway:GIL|Router:ASUS AC68U
gokartergo24
Tutor

@jezra   No that is not all the techs will be doing.. But it is on a case by case bases..

Liz

Hi BA_87,

Thanks for your patience. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.