Hughesnet Community

Continued slow speeds on Beam 55 Norcal....help????

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA_87
Sophomore

Continued slow speeds on Beam 55 Norcal....help????

Very hit and miss, and I will not buy the excuse of "we are working on it", which is repetitive and dishonest.

I am fed up just like everyone else on here, piss poor service and no support.

Can I be moved to a different beam?? To help with the speed issue?

Does anyone at Hughesnet care? My previous post was ignored so I will try again.

16 REPLIES 16
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Your previous post wasn't ignored.   There're no reps on during the weekend to read it.  It can take a few working days for a rep to reply.  

gokartergo24
Tutor

I am an installer. I do some work in beam 55. Thou most of it is in Beam 54 and beam 70.  I can tell you that the engineers are working on it. We just got an email Saturday. Some of the work that is being done is on our end.  It is not my place to tell you what they are doing. And I don't know all of what they are doing. But I can say. Hughesnet does care and is working on it.

If they are indeed working to fix the problem, it would be nice if they kept us updated with the status, especially with everyone else on here posting with the same issue.

@gokartergo24 wrote:

... Some of the work that is being done is on our end.  It is not my place to tell you what they are doing. And I don't know all of what they are doing. ...

@gokartergo24

Just curious. What do you mean "Some of the work that is being done is on our end"?.  Where is "our end".

EdV

Location: Placerville, CA|Gen5 Beam:55|Gateway:GIL|Router:ASUS AC68U

Not my place to say.. But a lot of them will require a tech visit..

@gokartergo24

Wow, even the definition of "our end" is secret?  Really?  I'm not asking for what is being done, I don't want you to get in trouble.  I just want to know what is meant by "our end"  WHERE IS OUR END?

Sorry  "our end" I meant a tech visit..

@gokartergo24

No problem,  thanks for the explanation.

EdV

I had an installer move me from beam 39 to beam 55 back in december, everything on my end checked out just fine, my signal strength improved but not the speeds. Ive been on here trying to get updates about the "fix" but Hughesnet doesnt communicate with their customers.

Do the engineers have a way to contact us directly?? Can they post on here? Would be nice to know whats going on. Im tired of hearing "we are working on it"
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jezra wrote:

As this is supposedly a 'community' support site, and you are part of the community, perhaps it is your place to say what is entailed in the requisite tech support visit. 

There aren't a lot of options as what is required by the tech visit, it could be:

1. replacing the modem

2. repositioning the dish

3. updating the modem software in a manner that can not be done remotely

Hopefully HughesNet becomes quite a bit more transparent and open regarding this issue. 

While gokartergo24 is part of the Community, he is also an installer, and the two things are separate.  That he volunteered the info he did is nice, as he doesn't have to divulge anything.    

I just hope the issue is fixed soon.  

Thanks,,  I wish I could say more.  I am just an installer. Not one of the engineers.. But what they have planned that I know of.  Sounds like a really good start..

Do we have an ETA of when this whole thing will be fixed?? Keeping us in the dark isnt doing any good.

And in the meantime, we are still paying for the service. Hughesnet needs to get their act together

I'm sure if we word it properly, we could probably only pay for the service we are getting...

Something like:

<tongue in cheek mode =on>

Dear Hughesnet,  I am consistently receiving only 1/20th my Gen5 speeds.  This issue has been going on for several months.  As a result, I am only paying 1/20th of my bill until the problem is fixed.

"Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated."

Signed, unhappy user

<tongue in cheek mode =off>

It works for them 🙂  Maybe it will work for us.  What do ya think?

COME ON HUGHES,  BE BETTER!

@jezra   No that is not all the techs will be doing.. But it is on a case by case bases..

Liz

Hi BA_87,

Thanks for your patience. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!