Corporate Connectivity NOT Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwlukes
Freshman

Corporate Connectivity NOT Working

I was on a Bertram point to point dish connection and paying $150/month for 25Mb/sec and was only seeing 1-5Mb/sec. I was extrememly frustrated with their service and questionable charging procedures. I was experieincing issues connecting to my corporate network because of the slow speeds. I canceled the Bertram point to point and switched to a US Cellular 4G modem for connectivity. The modem works fine but the data limits and costs are exorbanent.

I called HughesNet on 3/25/2020 and spoke with Kyle in Joplin, MS about installing a HughesNet satelite dish to improve my internet speeds and connection for work. Kyle assured me I would be very happy with the increased performance of the HughesNet satelite dish and also assured me I would be able to connect to our corporate intranet wihtout issue. Yesterday 3/27/2020 I had a HughesNet Gen5 satelite dish installed. I was seeing increased speeds in the range of 25-40Mb/sec. I was encouraged by the speeds I was seeing. Unfortunately that was the end of my excitement. When I attempted to connect to my corporate network, the dish was unusable. I spoke with Sergio in Tech Support and he was unable to help solve the problem. He told me to contact my corporate office to see if there was any information regarding the connection they could help with. My tech support person almost laughed me off the phone. Sergio said he was going to call me back in one hour after he suggested I contact tech support. I never received a call back. 

Additionally, there are three of us at our home, all attempting to watch Netflix during this Covid 19 pandemic with very little luck. This HughesNet dish is the poorest performing connetion of the three (Bertram Point to Point and US Cellular 4g). I can't help but feel I was decieved into purchasing this service and now I am locked into a 2 year contract with a $400 cancellation fee, not even a day into having this thing installed. Very dissapointed. Is there any help out there to fix this problem that is keeping me from working at home?

15 REPLIES 15
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@dwlukes 

Concerning Netflix, the system is under considerable strain right now with so many people being home, so streaming may not work very well.  Ironically, it's the much higher number of people trying to stream that's actually causing a lot of the the streaming issues, as it's resulting in heavy system congestion. 

Regarding your central issue, the reps will likely have to help.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a day, though with them being much busier as of late it may take them a little longer.  

In the meantime, there may be a knowledgeable member or two who reply with some suggestions.

I was speaking with Sergio in Mexico on Friday afternoon. He said after I contacted my corporate IT he would call back. My corporate IT suport told me that I may experience problems with the dish and not be able to get a good connection. Sergio said he would call back in one hour. It is now Sunday and I have not received a call back from him. I did not get what the sales rep told me I was going to get. I have gotten good feedback from a neighbor that has hughesnet but I don't think mine is working as his is. 

maratsade

Hopefully the reps on this site will be able to sort this out for you when they're back Monday. 

dwlukes wrote:

I was speaking with Sergio in Mexico on Friday afternoon. He said after I contacted my corporate IT he would call back. My corporate IT suport told me that I may experience problems with the dish and not be able to get a good connection. Sergio said he would call back in one hour. It is now Sunday and I have not received a call back from him. I did not get what the sales rep told me I was going to get. I have gotten good feedback from a neighbor that has hughesnet but I don't think mine is working as his is. 

Can someone from HughesNet help me with this crazy slow, dial-up speed connection on this Dish I had installed last Friday (3/27/2020)

maratsade

Give them time. There may be other people ahead of you that they're helping.  The reps on this site are very few and they're slammed. 

dwlukes wrote:

Can someone from HughesNet help me with this crazy slow, dial-up speed connection on this Dish I had installed last Friday (3/27/2020)

Hello dwlukes,

Thanks for reaching out. I can certainly escalate your case regarding your pending callback.  I just ran diagnostics on your site and I'm seeing that the HughesNet system is working well, delivering 39 Mbps in download speeds.

However I see you have a Linksys router connected and our diagnostics is identifying it as a slow device. If you disconnect that router and use the built in router in the HughesNet modem, does that make any difference?

In any case, I'll let the appropriate department know you were promised a callback. 

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,

I have taken my laptop for work directly to the HughesNet modem and plugged directly into it with a Cat5 cable. I get the same result and cannont connect to my corporate lan with any useable speed. The Linksys router was previously connected to my Bertram network and had no issues with connectivity for youtube, netflix, etc. I use those two as an example as they are data hungry. We cannot watch more than one show on netflix on one tv and that show buffers multiple times. If we try and add a second, or just watch video's on youtube, they are painful to watch as they constantly buffer. 

I understand the speed tests are quick. I see the same result when I run speed tests from my system. However the performance of using the network is not good, even with download speeds in the 20 - 40Mb/sec range. 

I have a neighbor that also has a HughesNet Gen5 dish and we compared modem settings and they are identical. He connects to his corporate servers without issue and is showing similar speeds.

I have a US Cellular 4G modem that works fine for my corporate connection but I'm running out of data and it is $116/mo. It was my intent to take this modem back given the limited data and cost. Right now I am stuck with keeping it as it is my only option for connection to corporate.

I was assured by your sales person that this would not be an issue for me. I'm not feeling the love right now........

Will there be any additional technical help with this dish or has it fallen off the radar??

HughesNet,

This has passed the point of being rediculous. My daughter can't get on-line to do her schooling. Unless this dish connection can be resolved, I will no longer pay the charges. Someone needs to get in contact with me to resolve the problems with this dish!

maratsade

They're slammed and short handed due to the pandemic, which is also affecting their employees.   I'm sure they'll get to you ASAP.

@Liz 

Hello dwlukes,

Thank you for posting back. I've let the appropriate department know you were promised a callback and they assured me they will follow up on this.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I'm sorry but HughesNet being slammed with calls is not my issue. I have a $200 cellular modem that is costing me $100/month that has to be returned by tomorrow if I want to get my money back. I was assured this dish would work for my purposes and it is not. I was sitting 5 feet from the HughesNet modem/wifi last night connected to my iPhone and was not able to use the internet. My daughter was trying to get on today to take a test for UW Madison and she was not able to get it to work. Someone needs to physically come out to my location and correct the issues with this dish! I need results so I don't get stuck with this cellular modem. One of you is getting canceled.

maratsade

It is their issue, and it's affecting all of us, including you, just like current events are affecting all of us and upending our lives. 

They have already replied to you as to your problems. They will contact you when they can.  I get you're frustrated, but the current times call for patience. 

dwlukes wrote:

I'm sorry but HughesNet being slammed with calls is not my issue. I have a $200 cellular modem that is costing me $100/month that has to be returned by tomorrow if I want to get my money back. I was assured this dish would work for my purposes and it is not. I was sitting 5 feet from the HughesNet modem/wifi last night connected to my iPhone and was not able to use the internet. My daughter was trying to get on today to take a test for UW Madison and she was not able to get it to work. Someone needs to physically come out to my location and correct the issues with this dish! I need results so I don't get stuck with this cellular modem. One of you is getting canceled.

Sounds to me like you've already made your decision, so why cause more problems.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

...and threatening me in a private message is inappropriate behavior.

Have a nice day. Hope all your problems get fixed.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.