cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could We Please Get An Explnation Of What Is Wrong?

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: Could We Please Get An Explnation Of What Is Wrong?

this is exactly what I am being told, that engineers are working in my area to resolve the issue, I also filed a complaint with this outside agency that this site won't allow me to "SAY" the name of the agency. hope I'm not stuck in a contract I've only had the service for 6 months and it was fine and dandy for the first month, I never signed a contract they just juiced me up and are now debiting my account each month while I have little or no service. being cycled around the customer service menu is horrible transferred to one agent after another to explain my issue over and over. the tech. was supposed to come to my house yesterday and called me to cancel and then rescheule for today but they never showed up or called, they left me hanging, I left two messages and no return call. I'm pretty sure they added ME to your already over loaded Beam. I am in Caliente, Ca.

Highlighted
Sophomore

you are talking to deaf ears. no one help me. I've only had it for 6 months.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Yes. One of our techs will come out and repoint your antenna and swap it.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Are you streaming on a wireless device? If so, are you on the 2.4 GHz or 5GHz frequency? We have had many modems that were no good since we started with Gen 5 with precisely your issue. Connect a streaming device via LAN cable and turn the Video Saver feature on and check 480p streaming. If you get no buffering, run the same test through the WiFi on both frequencies. If streaming buffers with the saver on, it could be a bad modem.
Highlighted
Sophomore

That’s horrible the techs no-showed you. This is frowned upon by HNS and the distributors. You can contact Customer Service and they will contact the distributor to get another dealer to handle your repair. Also, Hughesnet will allow cancellations and waive early termination fees for extremely bad cases that they simply can’t resolve.
Highlighted
Sophomore

If you don’t call (866) 347-3292 you can’t get any help. Customer Service agents know which customers are in the affected Beams and are willing to create Dispatch orders for techs to get you repointed. Keep your case numbers handy to shorten you return call time.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Today I got 45.9 Mbps down and 3.02 Mbps up on Beam 54 in San Jose, CA on an SME install with a .90 meter antenna. There is nothing wrong with the performance of the beams. HNS reserves specific outroutes for the Business Internet customers. The slow speed issues on the Consumer accounts is that there are simply too many of them on outroutes that don’t have as much bandwidth. The easiest way to explain it is to imagine 5,000 cars driving on a 1-lane Highway versus 500 cars driving on a 4-lane Highway. Which highway do you think will be moving faster? So this is why HNS has begun load balancing along with moving to the larger reflector. These are two things that help improve overall Beam efficiency. Eventually, HNS will get many of these “cars” off the highway that have no business being there.
Highlighted
Associate Professor

@Installer, you may want to consider using the quote functionality and try to keep things in a single post so it doesn't appear that you're spamming. Smiley Happy  Or just tag people at the start of each paragraph in a single post so we know what comment goes where. >.>

Highlighted
Junior

I hope HN moving us on beam 55 ES19 to ES17 doesn't just clog up that satellite ending up with the same problem all over again.

Highlighted
Sophomore

So I have a question for you.

I have been dealing with these issues since June.

Here is my original post.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/No-Return-Call-From-Tech-Support-or-anyone-Tired-of-...

So with all these issues and information I have posted since then, I have not had any relief since it has happened.

Would these fixes that you are talking about have fixed my issues long ago, or is this something not available in NC.

None of these things you mentioned have been offered, I have not had a tech out since they removed my satellite from a tree it was mounted on.

I am just curious as I have been one of the first to mention all these issues way back in June.

Thanks for any answers.