cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit for allowance

Highlighted

Credit for allowance

So I was just thinking.  On this anytime/bonus allowance issue.  We pay each month to have this allowance.  If it is not used by the end of the month, it just disappears.  Why couldn't we carry it over, OR allow a certain reduction on the bill for allowance not used?  I'm sure this would encourage people to watch their use more, and reward the effort for doing so.  Hughes would not lose anything, the allowance is already paid for.  It could be added together with the next months allowance. 
21 REPLIES 21
New Poster

Re: Credit for allowance

Or even roll over unused data for 1 month would be better than nothing

Very true Charles.  I just figure, since this is something we all pay for anyway, why not add to your customers happiness without digging into your pocket to do so.  Lot more happy people that way, and far fewer allowance run out complaints.  We would continue to pay the monthly, but with a deduction in cost in keeping with allowance savings, -OR- roll the unused portion over to the next month.  I agree, 1 month would be better than nothing.  (Holidays ARE coming up Hughes...hohoho)
Honorary Alumnus

It still gets back to a matter of capacity at any given time.

They did (do) a roll over on some 7000 and all 9000 legacy systems effectively doubling the data allowance on a short term basis and the effect was around the clock prime time congestion.

We in effect pay for "up to XX GB's per month"

New Poster

Buzz Killer Smiley Happy
Honorary Alumnus

Sorry, the truth about capacity limits can be such an ugly thing Smiley Sad

Oh bother Gwalk with the capacity limits thing.  That excuse is getting old now.  So, let the time be rolled over for anytime allowance only so those who cannot get on for nighttime could get a fair shake.
Assistant Professor

To answer your first question I was told by someone in the corporate office they are more concerned about providing service to those who otherwise would have nothing else than if those new customers will tip the beam/gateway into a a congested state.

I know you will never get over the Windows 10 4 GB thing. If it makes you feel better I never upgraded.  Smiley Happy
Assistant Professor

Just saying what I was told. Sales and marketing will always do what they do, especially if getting commissions. Does appear to be a case of looking the other way when it comes to exaggerating capabilities by the sales folks.

I'm also sure the Board and stock holders like higher customer numbers, thus more revenue, regardless the reason why or how it was done. That's the capitalist in me stating the facts.

Wish I could send you 4 GB.    Smiley Happy
Honorary Alumnus

We are not evenly distributed .
Some beams and gateways are going to be more saturated than others.
We can only hope that Jupiter 2 adds some much needed capacity.