Crippled internet. Help please

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgillum71
New Poster

Crippled internet. Help please

https://testmy.net/quickstats/sgillum71 I am not out of data. I can not stream any kind of video on any device. Often webpages won't even load. I've contacted support via email twice and get the canned replies of everything looks good on our end. So here I am. Not much more to say really. Can't hardly surf the web, let alone stream any kind of video. Help me please.
7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

How many devices do you have connected to the modem (edit: directly or via wifi)?  Have you tried streaming while connected directly to the modem?

Same issue. And have only 1 firestick connected

maratsade

OK, so you don't have a phone connected to the wifi, or a computer, or a tablet, etc.? 

Have you tried streaming while going to the site directly? (example, by going to Netflix). 

Have you power cycled the modem?

I only have 1 device connected when I try to do anything, due to this issue. I don't dare have my pc ethernet enabled while trying to stream on a fire-stick or my kindle. If we try to watch anything on the fire-stick, I will disable/shut off my pc. I get the same results on all my devices (pc included) no matter what time of day, day of week etc... 1 device connected at a time always. Ive tweaked every thing I possibly can on the modem over the past month trying to figure this out, and nothing works. You name it, I have tried it if allowed.
maratsade

That was a troubleshooting step, not a suggestion that you change how you stream.  If you could, you should connect your PC directly to the modem and try to stream with the PC.  

If the HN reps see nothing on their side when they check, this means the issue is on your side, and troubleshooting is needed to figure out what it might be. 

Update: This morning I noticed a software update being pushed to my modem, and now it seems to be working much better. I tested Hulu and Netflix real quick and I was able to stream and see some video on my pc.. (knock on wood) This I can live with and will be satisfied. My speed results in initial link shows my improvements this morning.
maratsade

Glad things are working for you for now!