cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Base = Scamming Hughesnet

New Poster

Re: Customer Base = Scamming Hughesnet

As a long time customer , I can say my experiences with Hughes customer service and telephone technical support have been positive overall..  

Aa a fairly new post to this community board, I was surprised by the comments of other customer's expecting to stream movies and play online games. I was even more surprised that no one on the community board said "are you kidding me?" until a post I saw recently.  

I agree with much of what Eric posted, but a majority of the  "customer base" portiion of Eric's equation may be under the expectation they can use HN service in the same way as Cable or DSL.   

The community board continues to be a resource to gain knowledge and educate all of us about the HN service.  HN might develop (maybe they have) some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on usage (streaming, gaming, downloads, bonus bytes, etc...

I hope Hughes can develop better usage tools so customers can be proactive in managing their monthly allowance.   

Nightshift Has no problems with copyright.  They are OK with Netflix.  Nightshift is talking with HULU and amazon prime now.. Hopefully they will come to a arrangement with them has well.

I did some research, didnt find any mention of copyright issues? if you have purchased netflix, and you have purchased the NightShift equipment, and you are using the movies for your personal entertainment, that is not a copyright issue. Thank you Gokartergo! I had no idea this existed!  Kim
Assistant Professor

Source please.
Highlighted

wow, you are so fast? How did you do that? Oh yea, it is that speed thing again... source, as in... I googled every which way and found nothing...show me your sourced.. as I could not find one...but will happily look at what you found? Or...tell me how you found it... I have no doubt, if it is out there, YOU would find it! (big smile)
Assistant Professor

Source please for deal with NetFlix. There is no "NightShft equipment". There are third party routers that will work with it. NightShift is only software.

Rich- for me, and my case... EXACTLY!  as i said in a previous post, same thread. I TOLD the sales rep, numerous times, why I wanted HN. I wanted speed, because I wanted to stream movies, specifically Netflix, and he agreed with me, that at the speeds he was selling, I could watch movies ALL DAY!!!  As a matter of fact, now that I think about it... he wanted me to purchase the plan with the least amt of data and I elected to go to the middle of the road plan... and now I am at the highest plan 50/50.

Believe me... I have become the biggest advocate for educating yourself on the differences between Satellite and Cable etc. (Cable is not available to me). my case, I am chalking up to LIVE AND LEARN... and as I said, I have a contract, I will honor it.. but, when it ends... i will be on my way....in search of something that may not even exist...fast enough speeds to watch Netflix and not worry about over usage of data.

Kim
Honorary Alumnus

OK.
Hughes has advised their dealer network that they (Hughes) does not promote, is not associated with ..... bla bla bla, bla bla NightShift.
There may not be any issues YET but you have been informed that this is not a function involved with or supported by Hughes.

Travel that road at your own risk.

Just sayin'

I hear you-- loud and clear... It is kind of the same thing with those "super smart" TV's.. where you can watch anything... from any service.. HuLU, Netflix, Amazon, etc etc.. and the fee you pay is the TV cost and the "box".. and that is it. We just saw this advertised locally here in January. I saw copyright issues ALL over that...and walked away from the pitch.
k

I do have to say, as much as I talk about HN and my negative experiences... I do think that I have LEARNED a LOT about data, and it usage, and how it pertains to myself and my husband, etc.  SO, as with any experience, I won't walk away with nothing. Knowledge is never a bad thing...

k