cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Base = Scamming Hughesnet

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Customer Base = Scamming Hughesnet

I really like the Lock Screen Idea!

Me, too.  I don't know how hard it would be to implement.  I know they do it for billing, or at least a screen that notifies when past due, but the only problem with a lock screen is it, in itself, could cause problems.

I think adding it to the disclosure during the sales call would be the best way to go.  But, again, if people were vigilant about their data usage, which they should be with a capped service, they would see what's going on.  But, again, I do think it should be disclosed during the sales call.   

Also, I agree with Gwalk in that I don't believe it's a scam. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Honorary Alumnus

ha ha ! I'm getting over on you and "getting something for nothing" may enter into it.

That tends to be a one way street.

I still think that 5 days with proper notice is enough to get updated and still evaluate the service.

I know what I did when I first got Gen4 and it was resetting everyday, I asked about it here. Seemed strange since I knew it was now a monthly allowance instead of my old 7000s daily allowance.
What an odd thing for us to do.  LOL.  I thought that my Status Meter was having a hiccup.  I asked and Corrosive told me about the resets.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I know what I did when I first got Gen4 and it was resetting everyday, I asked about it here. Seemed strange since I knew it was now a monthly allowance instead of my old 7000s daily allowance.
What an odd thing for us to do.  LOL.  I thought that my Status Meter was having a hiccup.  I asked and Corrosive told me about the resets.   

I still think that 5 days with proper notice is enough to get updated and still evaluate the service.
If there was proper notice there would be no need to reduce it to five days, though for most people five days would be enough.  Notification is the true problem.  I'm sure glad they put gas gauges in cars. 

Assistant Professor

Is similar to buying a new car and the gas gauge never goes off full reading. I'd be asking about it.
Honorary Alumnus

We heard Ya the first time Smiley Happy

Well, I needed to get my point across.  I post so little and rarely on these boards that I wanted to make sure what I had written would be seen. 

I've been pretty vigilant in deleting the second one, if the system lets me, but I didn't notice it this time.  Hmmm...I think it's time for another cup of Maxwell House.   

Assistant Professor

The Get Satisfaction bot likes to automatically "double down" posts it likes. It's true, seriously, it's true.

For the record, I don't think I have ever used the "scam" word in reference to HN. I don't think they are scamming, I think it is a matter of lack of communication, in many ways. Lack of communication w the new customer, and lack of communication between HN departments. I truly do not think that HN has a clue as to what is happening from department to department. Then, you top that off with poor customer service, and it is a recipe for disaster.