cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

New Poster

Customer Service

So Monday December 28, 2015 I reported a problem to Hughesnet. The Tech support agent wanted to send me a new modem. After first being told I would get the modem on Tuesday, the 4 to 5 days, then two days I as finally assured it would arrive on Tuesday which it did. This did not fix my problem. When I talked to a Level 2 tech support agent on Tuesday he said I should have never been sent a modem for this problem. I did not mention this is the second time in a month I have had this issue. This is where my big problem comes in. I was set an appoint for a tech to come out on Monday January 4, a week after my problem started. I subscribe to express repair which guarantees 24/7 support and if a tech has to come out 1-2 business days. I have been hung up on twice once by tech support and the other by Sergio In the home office customer support. My lasted case number is 51816738. I work from home and cannot because my internet is out. Here is one more kicker for you, while all this was going on one of the tech support agents added a 2 gb token to my account because I was over fair access. We have not been able to get online, however when I looked at my online account I was down to 1.5 gb on that token. I have argued about the usage that Hughesnet claims we use and this just proves my point.
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Customer Service

Hello Jd Dave Parker,

I am very sorry for the late response but I do want to welcome you to our community. I see that you've already begun working with our Facebook Support team to get this resolved and get a technician to your location. Please let me know or your case manager know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks & Happy new year

Amanda
New Poster

Well after a week of Hughesnet working it is down again.  I have done all the steps without Tech Support on the line  and have called two more times and performed the same steps.  Its amazing how the new tech just goes through the same steps that the previous tech did.  They even wanted to send me another new modem.  Still no explanation for the 600 Mb of data usage when my system was down for those days.   

Hello Jd Dave Parker,

Sorry to hear that! Did you reach out to the rep from Facebook who was handling your case? 
Thank you
Amanda
New Poster

No I did not, the tech was suppose to come today between 11 to 2pm. I have not heard from him and it is 8 minutes until 2.
New Poster

Now I am being told that the tech will not be to my residence. Until Wednesday. I pay for express service this is unacceptable.

Hello Jd Dave Parker,

I am very sorry the technician had to reschedule. I understand being able to get on the internet is very important and I hope we can get you fixed up quickly. I do see on your account you have Express Repair which covers you for service within 2 Business Days (not including weekends) and the order for the tech was made after 1pm on Friday - so the technicians last day he can arrive is indeed Wednesday. Rest assured we will be glad to give you credit for time without service.

Thank you,
Amanda