cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support: changed home page to "supportcenter.myhughesnet.com" Case #44589125 Modem S/N:B3 0010364078 AA

Customer Support: changed home page to "supportcenter.myhughesnet.com" Case #44589125 Modem S/N:B3 0010364078 AA

Customer Support told me that my home page, "home.myhughesnet.com" was changed to "supportcenter.myhughesnet.com" Case #44589125 Modem S/N:B3 0010364078 AA
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Customer Support: changed home page to "supportcenter.myhughesnet.com" Case #44589125 Modem S/N:B3 0010364078 AA

Additional Information:

I was never informed that my home page was changed until "I" called support. Also my primary email address s...d@hughes.net no longer works, (after maintenance again).

I've been a Hughes.Net customer since 2005, a Gen4 customer since 2007, switched to "better up/download upgrade service" in 2012, really thinking about going to WildBlue Internet Service because of these ongoing (after maintenance problems).

Re: Customer Support: changed home page to "supportcenter.myhughesnet.com" Case #44589125 Modem S/N:B3 0010364078 AA

Hi John,

With the many sites that HughesNet uses, it can be a bit confusing for both our customers and support. Generally, when we think of a "homepage", it is a place where you can see the latest news, weather, etc. In HughesNet's case, we consider our homepage as the place where you can overlook your entire account - meaning "supportcenter.myhughesnet.com". Prior to Hughes creating this webpage, customers had to navigate from "home.myhughesnet.com" to "customercare.myhughesnet.com".

Now has come the time where we have completely separated the news and entertainment from your account. "home.myhughesnet.com" is still available for you to use as your home page, to access your e-mail amongst other things. Our Customer Management Center at "supportcenter.myhughesnet.com" is the homepage for your actual billing account, but you can still access your e-mail from there as well.

home.myhughesnet.com - News and Entertainment page
supportcenter.myhughesnet.com - Account Information page
customercare.myhughesnet.com - No longer used, but still available (some functions may no longer work)

As far as your e-mail issue - it is still deactivated in the process of being re-created. I am waiting to hear back from our e-mail team on the progress, since the e-mail address needs to be wiped from the server altogether and I do not have the power to do that. Since it is deactivated, you won't be able to login to it at this time. We'll have it up and running soon and will notify you on the community here. I hope this helps to address your concerns.

Thank you,
Amanda

Amanda,

Whew!!!

Thought I was going crazy for a moment, even had the double barreled shotgun loaded and pointing at the computer screen.

Ok I can wait, I'll even try and be patient.

Thanks,

John

Hi John

Please don't, gunshot damage is not covered by warranty!!! Smiley Happy I replied to your other post with instructions on how to re-create your e-mail : https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/prodigy_com_blocking_hughes_net_email

Thanks
Amanda

Amanda,

Well I got all of my email accounts except for s...15 back up and running, really didn't need this one as it doesn't work with Prodigy.Net anyway.

Now what happened to my original home.myhughesnet.com web page, it no longer exists. I can't get rid of some of the columns on the new home.myhughesnet.com page. If HughesNet wanted to re-do the home.myhughesnet.com page why didn't they at least remove all of the advertisement?

I've been with HughesNet since 2005 and I'm seriously looking to go to WildBlue as HughesNet isn't catering to it's customers wishes. Since I'm paying for the home.myhughesnet.com web site why can't I get the web site I want instead of the web site HughesNet wants to shove down my throat?

Still I do want to thank you for all of your help.

I've about had it with HughesNet, I really thinking hard about making the call to WildBlue. Wasted all afternoon trying to get my emails back up only to discover that MY, what I call my home page is gone.

John

:-(

Hi John,

I've replied about your e-mail concern on the other post. In the meantime, I want you know that we still run and use home.myhughesnet.com and you are welcome to use that website as you please - our representatives only wanted to point you to making Support Center as your home page because we try to get our customers as familiar with their account information as a whole as often as possible. Perhaps they were too pushy, and we can look into that and provide some coaching opportunities if they are coming off too strongly about the website "changes". Support Center is fairly new for us and still something we are trying to let everyone know is available to them. We're still working on your e-mail behind the scenes with a fresh pair of eyes on the problem you're having, so I am sure we can work something out with you.

Thanks,
Amanda

Amanda,

Thanks for the update but why can't I get the home.myhughesnet.com page I originally set up with local news and MY quick links and have been using for what seemed  like for ever?

The new and unimproved home.myhughesnet.com page has "Today in History", why is Hughes.Net forcing this on me? I could care less about such stuff.  Why do they still insist on running advertisement I don't need or even want. What bout what WE pay for their service isn't that enough? Every time it loads it slows things down and you and I know it's most likely only nano seconds but still I don't need/want it. I don't want new insurance, I'm not even looking for new insurance, I don't even have a vehicle, and no I'm not looking for a new vehicle either.

Pass this upwards as well. Hughes.Net is pissing off a lot of their customers and push comes to shove, they like me are starting to look elsewhere. Hughes.Net isn't the only satellite provider any longer. I've even considered going back to dialup, heaven forbid!!!

John.

Highlighted

Amanda,

The problem with @prodigy.net blocking @hughes.net email has been resolved.  It works great.  I consider this portion of the original ticket closed.

I wrote this information on the original @prodigy.net blocking @Hughes.Net email page as well. 

As for the "home.myhughesnet.com" problem.  I know that Hughes.Net is never going to change the "home.myhughesnet.com" web site so that WE the clients can fully customize it to OUR needs so I sort of resolved this myself. 

I am using another web site as my home page, the best part of it is that it loads very quickly and the ridiculous unwanted advertisement, day-day information, "other links" and ad choices which Hughes.Net insists is what WE the clients want are completely gone.  

I can still get all of this "other Hughes.Net" information should I need it by going back to the "home.myhughesnet.com" web page, which I haven't had to do yet. 

All is well...at least in my part of the kingdom!

• Hughes.Net may one day realize that with the "other" Satellite Internet Services out there that they better start listening closely to their clients or their clients may abandon them for another Satellite Internet Service that will cater to their needs.

John

Have A Safe And Happy New Year