Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA USAGE

Honorary Alumnus

Re: DATA USAGE

Thank Goodness !

Assistant Professor

Yuck!!!!!  Who would want to touch the screen or keyboard?
Freshman

I seriously suggest changing Netflix subscription to DVD only. Just not compatible with satellite caps.
Assistant Professor

deepdiver, that simply is not true. Sure it will use data but if the user knows how to manage their data they can watch say 10-15 hours a month on a 10 GB Anytime plan at low definition which looks fine on 32" TV and even better on small screen tablet devices. No, it is not HD. I was fine with video before HD and can still watch lower quality just fine.

Again, kind of depends how one wants to use their data and if they know how to manage it.

Hey!! I still watch the old Perry Mason in black and white at times on METV it is still entertaining the story is what matters. 

Have you ever read a High Definition book?
Freshman

Correct, although your assumption re how it is used. Not many want to watch a movie non-HDTV anymore. I reco'ed what I do to avoid the issue except when I have a non'capped cable service. Thanks for the input. I always like yours.

Well deepdiver all I can say is you are caped now so there are things that can be done to make it more usable.  I have DirecTV for television but only SD I can't justify paying more for the same show just because it is in HD.  Like the song says "Different strokes for different folks."  There is a world of difference between satellite,  Mobile, and Cable internet.  If you think Satellite is bad try Mobile 4gb cap if you are willing to pay for it.  Myself I would love to have Cable or even DSL out here however the Cable and DSL companies will not come to me so I have HughesNet. If you are in a poker game you have to play the cards you are dealt.

I read about this as I was changing over.  I have not added or deleted devices, but I have never had 10G use in a month....I am at work 12 hours/day and am on line 2-4 hours unless work calls.  So maybe Verizon wasn't so bad...  22 months to go.  This is going to be a problem

And now its happened again.  10G plus 2G I bought in tokens and 4G they refunded.  This is so not ok, but I like everyone else have a 2 yr contract.  This is my payback for getting upset with Verizon.  It is so much worse!!!

I got glasswire....I've not used 3G by it....so there you go.