cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DESPERATELY NEED HELP TO CHANGE MY WIFI PASSWORD!

Advanced Tutor

DESPERATELY NEED HELP TO CHANGE MY WIFI PASSWORD!

HELP! I need to change my wifi password. I'm letting a homeless family of five stay with me temporarily, and the kiddos have used all my data with 18 days to go! I've had to upgrade my plan, because internet connection is crucial to me, but I don't want the kids to use it all up. Here's my problem...when I type in the IP address, instead of it logging into my D Link router, it takes me to the Hughesnet system control page, and I don't see a way to change settings there. I contacted Hughesnet customer care via live chat. They told me since the router isn't Hughesnet provided (although I bought it from the installer), they can't help and told me to call D Link technical support. D Link tells me it's a Hughesnet problem. ARGGGHHH!!! Frustrating! :-)  It's been ONE DAY and the kids have gone through 1GB already!  I hope you all can help me. Thanks in advance! :-) 
9 REPLIES 9

Re: DESPERATELY NEED HELP TO CHANGE MY WIFI PASSWORD!

Hi Chewagirl,

Welcome and thanks for posting!  First of all that's super generous of you for bringing that family into your home, you rock.

OK, try this to access your router: http://dlinkrouter.local Please let me know if it works for you.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Advanced Tutor

Hi Liz!

YES! That worked! Thanks so much for your quick reply. I appreciate it very much.

-Debbie

I am truly amazed by your generosity of opening up your home to this family of five. I'm glad to see you got a quick solution to setting up your router password.

Oh good~you fixed the issue! I just got an email asking for help and was about to send you to the same link that Liz didSmiley Happy Love it when that happens! Also love it when people like YOU happen~what a blessing you are sweet woman, Happy Happy Day to you and all of yours Chewagirl!!!  XO Big Love from Samantha in AZ
New Poster

Chewagirl,  What a generous thing to do for a family in need.  I would like to say make sure your router guest access is turned off or has a password too. 
Advanced Tutor

Thanks all. I appreciate the kind words, but I'm sure that in the right circumstances you'd do the same. Yorkytime, thanks for the tip--I didn't know there was a guest account, so I'll check into that. When my data resets on Sept 17, there will be a new protocol going forward--I'm thinking meters on each device.

Woo! Glad to hear that worked for you!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Spectator

I also tried your suggestion but I got a message that says page can't load DNS server can;t be found?????

Professor

@paulalesley711 wrote:

I also tried your suggestion but I got a message that says page can't load DNS server can;t be found?????

Paula, you should start a new topic under Tech Support.  That would make it easier for your issue to get attention.