cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISLIKE HUGHESNET!!!! NEED TO CANCEL!!!

DISLIKE HUGHESNET!!!! NEED TO CANCEL!!!

HELP!!!! I am a full time college student, i have a full load of ONLINE classes and CANNOT load anything on my 1 computer CANNOT DO MY HOMEWORK because it won't load!!!!! Hughesnet is HORRIBLE and SLOW! And I have found another internet provider in my area, but CANNOT AFFORD TO CANCEL HUGHESNET!!!! Please help!! I have had hughesnet for over a year now!!! I have been a loyal customer, and I'm just fed up with this SLOW HORRIBLE SERVICE that DOESN'T EVEN WORK on somedays!!!!!! I need to cancel so i can work on my school!! 
5 REPLIES 5
Associate Professor

Re: DISLIKE HUGHESNET!!!! NEED TO CANCEL!!!

You signed into a contract for 2 years, which gave a 30-day no ETF free time period at the beginning... And now you want out of contract for free, because of another ISP being in the area?  IMO, don't sign into contracts if you can't meet the ETF at a minimum.
Assistant Professor

A year in and now want to cancel? Pay up is my opinion. No sympathy here.
Assistant Professor

I have "situations" to but I pay my bills. You agreed to something, you should honor that agreement.

I use my 1 computer AND go to school online as well. I've been a HN customer for some time now & to me--it works. I just have to be "Creative" in my classes & workload. (I do a lot of things during the nights & "Dracula Hours"--LOL) I was dropped from my courses once--when I couldn't stay "Net Connected" for a time. That time HN sent out reps Many, Many Times & Yep--I'm still here & "On"!

Maybe you need to have your 1 computer "Serviced"?  Maybe an "Upgrade" to additional HD capacity?

Hi red_one,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I pulled up your account and I see that you have already been assisted by us over the phone recently about your ETF concerns. You've been offered a discount on your monthly bill for the next 6 months, to which you've agreed; this should ease your HughesNet bill. If you have other concerns we can address for you please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->