cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Errors

DNS Errors

For the last 2 days I have been getting frequent DNS errors, and have a slow internet connection. I have tried rebooting the router and the modem.  I can get pages to come up sometimes if I keep refreshing the page.  Is it possible for someone from Hughes to remote into my system to see what the issue is?  Thank You!
72 REPLIES 72

Re: DNS Errors

I doubt that however give us some information like PC, OS, RAM type of router and so forth and maybe someone here will have ideals for you to check.
Alum

Hi Denise,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! We'd like to help address your concerns. Please post a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem. With this we'll be able to pull up your account and better assist you.

Thanks,
Chris

serial#111000118036521.  Everything seems to be working now except that we seem to be using a lot of download allowance.  Hubby did have Directv connected to internet which we just disconnected.  Not sure if that may be the problem or what.
Alum

Hi holcomdm,

It is not recommended to connect a service like Directv to your Hughes Network. It will use up your data rather quickly. Users typically have a separate dish dedicated for TV. Is that not an option for you?

EDIT: Also your diagnostics came back fine as well. I think the Directv connection may have been bogging you down.

- Chris

Hello,
After months of no problems it has started up again.  And I have rebooted my modem, router, and made sure my directv wasn't connected again, and I am still having issues.  Same thing.  I can get the pages to come up eventually by refreshing the page, but that gets old after awhile.
Alum

Hi holcomdm,

I ran some more diagnostics and do not see anything that sticks out. Have you added anymore devices to your network? For example, computers, tablets, phones, which connect to the internet? Are you directly connected to the HN9000 through Ethernet?

If you can please run some speed tests here using 12 MB as the test size www.testmy.net

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris
Highlighted

Ran Download test twice.  First time it was 6.9 Mbps and the second time it was 8.
Distinguished Professor III

Decent speeds for this time of evening. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alum

Hi holcomdm,

Thanks for the response. However I will need you to answer more of the questions I asked. Also, what time of day did you run the tests? Anything 60% or higher of what the advertised speed of your plan is normal. It will fluctuate depending on the time of day. However during peak times it will be the lowest. Still it should never be super low, that is indication of something that is off.

Thank you,
Chris