cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Errors

Re: DNS Errors

OK, thanks!  We'll try the google DNS later and see how it goes, but we would prefer Hughes to correct the issue per our location as we've seen them address in the past.

To use other DNS you have to keep turbo page disabled correct?  I do know we need to reset everything and flushdns on all PC's after the changes

And if needed we'll start a new thread.  I do see this one is 6 months old now that you mention it, but the OP and Hughes were back in discussion this week and it was the most recent DNS issue thread we found.  But if necessary we'll start a new thread in a few days.
Assistant Professor

I am Gen4 and have Web Acceleration, it is enabled.

Is it possible to do that on HN9000S?

We think we remember trying OpenDNS in the past, and being unable to make it work.
Assistant Professor

Do what? If you mean leave your TurboPage on then I don't know, never had the 9000, went from 7000s to HT1100.

Sorry, we meant if it was possible to use any alternate DNS server on HN9000S.  We can disable turbo page on HN900S

You skipped over that model, so I guess you wouldn't be able to say for sure unless from others mentioning in the forums.

In the past we've tried openDNS and didn't get it to work, but am not 100% sure if back then we disabled turbo page or not, but if I remember correctly we did try and disable/enable neither worked and Hughes DNS servers were still handling all the DNS requests
Distinguished Professor IV

Daavv3T...you should start your own post with your issue, as has been suggested.  Although it may seem related, and even if it was the EXACT same problem, you should start your own post.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks to you both for the replies!  We'll create a new thread now.

Mods, you can delete or hide our posts here as you see fit, thanks!

New thread here
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/ongoing-dns-lookup-error-hn9000s
Distinguished Professor IV

Daavv3t,

Perfect.  It's not that commenting on an existing thread or even adding to the discussion is bad or anything, it's just that when you are having a similar (or even the same) issue, it's best to start your own thread, like you did, so that the reps can see it and focus on your particular problem.  When trying to get a problem fixed by talking about it on another thread, you may get lost in the fray, so to speak.  By creating the new post like you did, you have a much better chance of getting the help you need. 

They won't need to hide or delete your posts.

BTW, I meant to tell you to be as thorough and descriptive as possible in your new post, but you already did that.  LOL.  I hope your problem gets resolved.  Good luck.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

We fully understand how that could be helpful, for those exact reasons too. 

Hughes should however do away with the "Me too" and trying to get you to "Find similar threads" to post too while starting a thread, those all look like they'd rather you add to already created discussions.  We assume that's more the forum software that does this, but they can disable those kind of features if they want, so users wont be inclined to add to a thread for help, or find a similar thread to look for help/answers.  << To Hughes, not directed to you guys replying!

We hoped to give as much info as needed in our initial post, good to see you feel we covered that.  I see Hughes often wanting speed tests run on their system for these issues, we can do that too but obviously speed tests are irrelevant to DNS lookup issues so it's unclear why they persist on asking for those on DNS error threads?

Yeah I was kind of wondering about that myself.  My speed tests are good, so what is going on?