cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Fails Problem DNS Acceleration[N]

Sophomore

DNS Fails Problem DNS Acceleration[N]

I was on the phone with support for two hours. We are going to replace the Modem next week. 

This is a bussiness account but used for home use. I am curious has anyone ever run into it where the DNS Acceleration[N] has red x all the way accorss all the time?

I have checked no malware on the network just times out and fails. The service has not been stable I am hoping its the modem any ideas?

20 REPLIES 20
Sophomore

Re: DNS Fails Problem DNS Acceleration[N]

Also sometimes TCP Accleration errors out as well. 

Tags (1)
Sophomore

Modem Errors 2.PNGModem Errors.PNG

Sophomore

Attached the screen shots anyone have any ideas Smiley Sad The internet is also running slow dialup almost 

Distinguished Professor IV

@Michael3245 wrote:

I am curious has anyone ever run into it where the DNS Acceleration[N] has red x all the way accorss all the time? 

I have, but it was many years ago and on a different system.  It was back when I had a legacy plan and a DW6000 modem.  They ended up replacing the radio on my dish.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Sophomore

Hoping the tech will be out on monday with next day service. I know they are going to replace the modem and have the tech check the dish as well. I am hoping to get this fixed Smiley Happy It hard to use the internet when  96% of your dns lookups fail and you have to keep refreshing to load a page. Here is the current information after a while of the modem running. 

Modem 3.PNGModem 4.PNG

Associate Professor
Sophomore

looks like firmware version v0.10.10

boot code 1.1.48

Hardware verison 1

Sophomore

software version 3.4.6.26 fallback 3.4.6.24

wifi software 0.10.10

Sophomore

The modem has been replaced. I was told if the issue happens again would see about moving me to echostar 17. Is this something I would want to do or will i see worse preformance than I do on 19?