Hughesnet Community

DNS Server Errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah Rowley

DNS Server Errors

I have had this problem most of this month!! Here are the case numbers from having to call support to no avail to straighten the problem out.I have Gen 4 modem is HT1100! Case numbers I have are 47156914 on 4/11/15, 47165480 on 4/12/15, 47181619 on 4/13/15, 47183648 on4/14/15, 47200704 on 4/14/15, 47312526 on 4/21/15 and still have not gotten the DSN server errors fixed! Here is what I have done rebooted computer several times, changed dns server to the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, cleared cache, unplugged evrything from wall,done flush DNS, cleared cache and cookies. Well after all this support told me my computer was messed up and refered me to hometec which I have to pay $9.99 a moth for 12 months until paid! So hometec said they could not find anything wrong with my computer, and now I'm still having the same issues and out of money to find out it wasn't my computer. Someone needs to fix this I pay to much money to not be able to use the internet..
85 REPLIES 85
Sarah Rowley

Thank you for all the help! I have already tried all these steps more than once, but decided to do all these again. To your first step the box is checked to automatically detect settings.Second step adapter settings both circles are marked to obtain IP/DNS address automatically.Third step done everything as stated.I'm able to get the system control but still having issues with other webpages.
Sarah Rowley

Here is a error message I got just now!
Amanda

Hi Sarah -

Quick question - what error does it give you in Internet Explorer?

Thanks
Amanda
Sarah Rowley

I get the same errors in Internet Explorer!! I have uninstalled google chrome, tried fire fox, and still had the same errors! So I uninstalled fire fox and reinstalled google chrome..
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sarah, this may be asking a lot but is their a laptop you have or can borrow to see if it works?
Just trying to totally eliminate the computer as being the problem.
fluco99

I thoroughly checked my entire system all that was left was hughesnet.  My hughenet system showed DNS acceleration errors. So I contacted Hughesnet they told me that they were aware of the problem and that it should be fixed soon.  My system is now back up and running.

Sarah Rowley

I'm pretty sure It's not the computer, because hughesnet support transferred me to hometec a higher department that checks to see If anything is wrong with peoples computers, thats why I'm having to pay the $9.99 for the next 12 month's just to find out It wasn't my computer! Well after all that my husband paid the computer shop out town to look at my computer an he also couldn't find anything with my computer, and I'm spending all this money and still no change. I also had my neighbor bring her laptop over and the same thing happens on hers..I also went as far as a factory reset, setting the computer back to the way It came...
fluco99

Can you access your system control 192.168.0.1?

Sarah Rowley

Yes I'm able to access the system control, but still getting error messages..
fluco99

Can you check you diagnostics and see if you are getting DNS Accelerations errors also?
Sarah Rowley

When I run diagnostics on my computer this is what I'm getting!
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I get a feeling something is horribly wrong with the network setup or configuration somewhere...

1: You have a router correct?

2: When your looking at the back of it, is the port that's marked WAN connected to your Hughesnet Modem, and the port marked LAN connected to your pc?

3a: When you visit http://192.168.0.1 you get a page that says Hughes on the left hand side?
Should look just like the image below.

3b: Do you get a different page? If so, describe it.

4: When you go an open an elevated command prompt as described earlier can you type in ipconfig /all and show us what it displays?  An example is below

Answering the four questions above will really help...
Sarah Rowley

To your first question, yes the router is correct! To your second question, yes the cables are connected to the right ports.To your third question, when I visit http://192.168.0.1 this is what I get!
Sarah Rowley

To your forth question this is what I Get
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

can you run this part again with the lan cable connected direct from you computer to the hughesnet modem and post that pic please
Sarah Rowley

Here is what I get when lan cable is connected from computer to the modem!
Sarah Rowley

fluco99

I meant diagnostics through the system control  I have a older system someone else may be able to help you.  I click on my little wizard and then click on Diagnostics and then Hourly.  I don't know what you need to do for the HT1100 system.

Also when I ran the windows diagnostic mine said DNS server not found.  So we are having different problems.  I wish you luck in fixing it. Have a nice day.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

That's odd...  You have the proper gateway addressing it appears, and getting addresses from your equipment...  

Maybe you could try changing your DNS servers to the Google DNS temporairly to see if conditions improve?

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

What bothers me is your computer constantly complains about the Gateway not being reachable... Which the gateway is your router...

While you are at it, and I know I am going to get crap from people, but try disabling IPv6 on your computer to see if for some reason the IPv6 on your network is causing these issues.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Have you tried a different computer direct connected to the modem to see if its the computer or not? I thought you mentioned you had but was not sure if it was direct connected or connected through the router? and Charles Scott thats was going to be my next suggestion, 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Could a bad cable cause this? One thing that hasn't been checked according to all the comments.