Hughesnet Community

DNS Server Errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah Rowley

DNS Server Errors

I have had this problem most of this month!! Here are the case numbers from having to call support to no avail to straighten the problem out.I have Gen 4 modem is HT1100! Case numbers I have are 47156914 on 4/11/15, 47165480 on 4/12/15, 47181619 on 4/13/15, 47183648 on4/14/15, 47200704 on 4/14/15, 47312526 on 4/21/15 and still have not gotten the DSN server errors fixed! Here is what I have done rebooted computer several times, changed dns server to the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, cleared cache, unplugged evrything from wall,done flush DNS, cleared cache and cookies. Well after all this support told me my computer was messed up and refered me to hometec which I have to pay $9.99 a moth for 12 months until paid! So hometec said they could not find anything wrong with my computer, and now I'm still having the same issues and out of money to find out it wasn't my computer. Someone needs to fix this I pay to much money to not be able to use the internet..
85 REPLIES 85
Sarah Rowley

Charles McCool, Champion I had the DNS servers changed to google DNS around the first of this month and left It that way for two weeks, well for three days that seemed to be working, but It started to do the same thing again. Yes I had my neighbor bring her laptop over and she got the same thing I get with the router plugged up and It unplugged all together!I will try disabling IPv6 to see If that helps..
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Didn't think so either but one thing left is all.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I admit I'm out of ideas.  😞
Sarah Rowley

I'm going to unplug the router and leave It unplugged for a couple days to see If i still get these errors after a couple days have went by!! I just don't know what else to do..Thinking on buying a new computer all together...
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Try powering everything down, then turn the modem on after a few minutes, once that has FULLY booted (all lights except LAN are on) turn on your router, wait 10 minutes, then turn your computer on and let us know what happens...
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

There is one thing that I would like you to try and do if possible.  When you get the DNS error, try to type the following into your browser.  Let us know if the website for that address loads properly.

http://216.239.38.120/
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Without actually being there Im at a loss as for what to do next. sorry
fluco99

I know this is a really basic question and someone probably already covered it with you.  In your network settings do you have it auto detecting you IP address or do you have a address entered?
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Yes fluco99 it needs to be set to auto
Sarah Rowley

I have had the router unplugged all morning, and It seems to be doing better!! I have only had two errors pop up for like a second, and then started loading fine. The error was something like SSL something It happened so quick and then started loading fine that I couldn't get a screen shot..
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Really sounds like a configuration issue with your belkin router. but Ive been wrong before 🙂
Sarah Rowley

Fluco99  I do have It set to automatically detect IP address!! Thanks for the help...
Sarah Rowley

I'm beginning to think you are right! Do you think I should call belkin back and explain everything that's been going on? They told me It was configured right, but I have had It unplugged all morning and the computer is doing much better..
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Sarah I think they will tell you the same thing if you were to call, I will look up the setup for that router and we can walk you through it if you like
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

First thing that catches my eye is that it has builtin Norton website filter, I would start by disabling it, 
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

you should be able to access you router by typing 192.160.2.1 into you browser and that should open you routers webpage, if it asks for a username and password it should be on the label on the router
Sarah Rowley

Ok I have router plugged in and when I type the 192.160.2.1 is does nothing! I do pay $50.00 a year for the norton anti-virus could that be causing the problem?
Sarah Rowley

Charles McCool, Champion are you a support tech? If you are do you think you could remotely take over my computer to see what you can find!
Sarah Rowley

This is what I get when I type in 192.160.2.1!