Hughesnet Community

DNS Server Errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah Rowley

DNS Server Errors

I have had this problem most of this month!! Here are the case numbers from having to call support to no avail to straighten the problem out.I have Gen 4 modem is HT1100! Case numbers I have are 47156914 on 4/11/15, 47165480 on 4/12/15, 47181619 on 4/13/15, 47183648 on4/14/15, 47200704 on 4/14/15, 47312526 on 4/21/15 and still have not gotten the DSN server errors fixed! Here is what I have done rebooted computer several times, changed dns server to the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, cleared cache, unplugged evrything from wall,done flush DNS, cleared cache and cookies. Well after all this support told me my computer was messed up and refered me to hometec which I have to pay $9.99 a moth for 12 months until paid! So hometec said they could not find anything wrong with my computer, and now I'm still having the same issues and out of money to find out it wasn't my computer. Someone needs to fix this I pay to much money to not be able to use the internet..
85 REPLIES 85
Sarah Rowley

When I type 192.160.2.1 this is what I get!
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Im really sorry I gave you the wrong address, my bad try 192.168.2.1, and in answer to your question I am just a customer like you but with a extensive in electronics, robotics, and computers
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Also yes Norton can cause your DNS errors but this 1 address was my fault
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

once your able to access your router disable the Norton web filter and the Intellastream feature
Sarah Rowley

The Norton Web Filter was already disabled! But here is a couple screen shots of what I'm seeing. If you see anything that may be wrong and needs changed let me know!
Sarah Rowley

Sarah Rowley

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Those look good, do you have intellastream disabled?
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

on the second screen shot click on the DNS tab and post a pic of it please
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

whoops never mind you already did that. so just make sure the intellastream is disabled
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

and for the time being disable your norton on your computer until we can narrow this down.
Amanda

Hi Sarah,

I was looking over your direct connection to the modem and your ipconfig /all results and saw that all the IP address listings are IPv6, not IPv4. I believe we should really look into your settings and do testing over the phone. Can we have someone call you from our corporate office on Monday? You let us know the best time.

Also, over the weekend, if you have time.

Try to access a website by its IP address. In command prompt, type "nslookup www.facebook.com"; or any website, and type the IP address that comes up in your web browser's address bar. If this connects you, we may need to help you make some adjustments.

Try to ping a website and post your results here, such as ping www.google.com or ping www.facebook.com

Thanks,
Amanda
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Her network adapter settings was the next place we were going 🙂
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

All three of you are going above and beyond. Charles and Amanda for trying so hard to get this figured out and Sarah for being so receptive to suggestions.
Kudos to all three of you!

Doing this online is much, much harder than being able to sit in front of Sarah's equipment and work on it right there.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Maybe some day they will add a chat feature so this would be easier, lol
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Im thinking that Norton antivirus has changed this last configuration to push all web traffic through Nortons DNS server, there are several antivirus programs that do this and when their DNS server is down you get basically the same as your seeing
Sarah Rowley

I have a update to share! I figured out the problem with the DNS errors, It was my router that was causing the problem and I have returned It! I went ahead and bought me a new computer and everything is doing fine now. I want to thank everyone that tried to help me get the problem resolved, you guy's went above and beyond to help me and I want to thank you! Have a great rest of the week..
Amanda

Hello Sarah,

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are SO happy you got this fixed! We really broke our heads over this one 🙂 Please do come back to us if you need anything, or just want to offer up some of your own advice!

Thanks,
Amanda
Sarah Rowley

Thank you Amanda!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Not trying to be a smart you know what, very glad you got it sorted out, but goes to show it really isn't always HughesNet fault.

Once more, very hard to troubleshoot these kind of things remotely.