cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Server Errors

Assistant Professor

Re: DNS Server Errors

Sarah, that last picture should definitely not happen. What address is your router set to? It must not be set to 192.168.0.1 as that is the address of the modem. If you still have the error when plugged directly into the modem and go here http://192.168.0.1/ then there has to a problem with your computer or the HughesNet modem.
If you see the System Control Center at the link then at least that portion of things are good.

The router set to the same thing!! I have called the company that my router is through and It's not that...

It's letting me go to the control center now, but still having issues with other websites..
New Poster

Some antivirus programs run you through their DNS server like the Comodo antivirus and it will cause you to get the DNS error on every page, try uninstalling your Antivirus temporally and see if you can browse that way.  
Associate Professor

Sounds like you have an improperly configured router or PC for your home network.

First thing is first, what make and model router do you have?  Like Netgear R7000 or Dlink-Dir600.

When you type in http://192.168.0.1 do you get the Hughesnet page, or a page that lists the name of your router?

Charles McCool, Champion I have uninstalled my antivirus and that was not the problem!!

Charles Scott, Champion everything is configured correctly, hometec checked that to! The router I have is a Belkin N300 XR Wi-Fi N Router...Also when I completely unplug router It does the same thing..
Associate Professor

Then something is interfearing with your DNS records, because what your computer is showing is one of two possible things.  DNS Hijacking, or an inability to access the DNS server it self.

So how would I go about getting It fixed?
Associate Professor

Open an elevated command prompt and type in "nslookup" with out the quotes and press enter,  type the information out here, you should get a Default Server and an Address.  You should be getting something other than 192.168.0.1 if your using a router.