cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Server Errors

Re: DNS Server Errors

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for all the great information! I find it strange you can't access systemcontrolcenter.com and the messages are telling you the default gateway is not available. This is going to be a very long post, but I would like you to test your internet connection after every step.

1. Check your internet settings

Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options > Connections Tab > LAN Settings

Once in LAN Settings, please ensure that the only box that is checked is "Automatically Detect Settings"

Click OK

2. Check your adapter settings

Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings // Right click on Local Area Connection and select "Properties"

The properties box will appear. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on the Properties button. Ensure both the circles for Obtain IP/DNS address automatically are selected. Click OK

3. Reset your network settings

Click start and open your Command Prompt by right clicking the Command Prompt and selecting "Run as Administrator". You can also search from the search bar after clicking Start and typing CMD in the search box.

Type in the following line and hit enter:   netsh winsock reset
You will need to restart your computer.

There are a lot more things we can do, but if we have to do more than 3 steps I would rather you speak with a technician here in our office. Let me know if any of these steps get you working.

Thanks,
Amanda

Thank you for all the help! I have already tried all these steps more than once, but decided to do all these again. To your first step the box is checked to automatically detect settings.Second step adapter settings both circles are marked to obtain IP/DNS address automatically.Third step done everything as stated.I'm able to get the system control but still having issues with other webpages.

Here is a error message I got just now!

Hi Sarah -

Quick question - what error does it give you in Internet Explorer?

Thanks
Amanda

I get the same errors in Internet Explorer!! I have uninstalled google chrome, tried fire fox, and still had the same errors! So I uninstalled fire fox and reinstalled google chrome..
Assistant Professor

Sarah, this may be asking a lot but is their a laptop you have or can borrow to see if it works?
Just trying to totally eliminate the computer as being the problem.

I thoroughly checked my entire system all that was left was hughesnet.  My hughenet system showed DNS acceleration errors. So I contacted Hughesnet they told me that they were aware of the problem and that it should be fixed soon.  My system is now back up and running.

I'm pretty sure It's not the computer, because hughesnet support transferred me to hometec a higher department that checks to see If anything is wrong with peoples computers, thats why I'm having to pay the $9.99 for the next 12 month's just to find out It wasn't my computer! Well after all that my husband paid the computer shop out town to look at my computer an he also couldn't find anything with my computer, and I'm spending all this money and still no change. I also had my neighbor bring her laptop over and the same thing happens on hers..I also went as far as a factory reset, setting the computer back to the way It came...

Can you access your system control 192.168.0.1?

Yes I'm able to access the system control, but still getting error messages..