cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Server Errors

New Poster

Re: DNS Server Errors

Have you tried a different computer direct connected to the modem to see if its the computer or not? I thought you mentioned you had but was not sure if it was direct connected or connected through the router? and Charles Scott thats was going to be my next suggestion, 
Assistant Professor

Could a bad cable cause this? One thing that hasn't been checked according to all the comments.

Charles McCool, Champion I had the DNS servers changed to google DNS around the first of this month and left It that way for two weeks, well for three days that seemed to be working, but It started to do the same thing again. Yes I had my neighbor bring her laptop over and she got the same thing I get with the router plugged up and It unplugged all together!I will try disabling IPv6 to see If that helps..
Assistant Professor

Didn't think so either but one thing left is all.
Associate Professor

Assistant Professor

I admit I'm out of ideas.  Smiley Sad

I'm going to unplug the router and leave It unplugged for a couple days to see If i still get these errors after a couple days have went by!! I just don't know what else to do..Thinking on buying a new computer all together...
Associate Professor

Try powering everything down, then turn the modem on after a few minutes, once that has FULLY booted (all lights except LAN are on) turn on your router, wait 10 minutes, then turn your computer on and let us know what happens...
Associate Professor

There is one thing that I would like you to try and do if possible.  When you get the DNS error, try to type the following into your browser.  Let us know if the website for that address loads properly.

http://216.239.38.120/