cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS lookup error

bud

Re: DNS lookup error

Thank you, Amanda.
As I posted earlier the DNS issue is still there, but compared to earlier (before upgrade) a page refresh usually clears it up. When a refresh doesn't clear it up, a modem restart does. A few times neither worked so I just waited until later to try opening the site again and by that time it's all fine once again.

Hi Bud

Just wanted to give you a heads up about 20 minutes ago we had an engineering individually upgrade the software on your modem to coincide with an upgrade we did on our end.. you should be seeing much better performance now. 

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted
bud

Thanks for the update, Amanda. 
In my modems system info it shows 
Software Date: Feb 29 2012, 17:13:59
Software Release: 6.9.0.37
Is the recent software that was individually upgraded?
As for the performance, I don't feel it's better although it's only been a few days since the "upgrade". There were some dns errors the day your engineers ran the upgrade and last night I was getting multiple web acceleration errors after the 10 pm free download period. My connection has slowed down during the regular daytime hours. I have included a test that I ran 20 minutes ago. I'll let you know how it is in the next week or two. Thanks.
bud

I've been trying to watch online streaming videos in 720p and it's pretty futile. Same with 420p. According to my Network Activity Monitor it's averaging less than 20KB with a lot of under 10 KB data coming in.

Pretty frustrating to say the least.

Hi bud, 

With your system I don't expect you to be able to stream anything... This is a legacy system meant for users in extreme remote areas like Kodiak or Yukon territory... If you are still experiencing disconnects due to DNS or web acceleration, I can pass your account back to engineers to review why the updates improved other systems but not yours.

Thanks
Amanda
bud

Hi Amanda,
Sounds like a plan. I hope they figure it out. Thanks.
bud

Hi Amanda,

Any news from the engineers? I'm still getting dns errors, Sarai can't find server, web & tcp acceleration errors. Also, it seems that my connection has been slowing down some according to the tests I have been running at the testmy.net site. The speeds during the free download period has slowed down quite a bit, that's where most of the errors show up for me, I'm guessing about 60% - 70% of them are happening during that time. Thanks.

Hi Bud

I pulled aside a particular engineer who has been very helpful to me in the past with cases like this. He is looking into it personally.  I will update you as soon as he gets back to me.

Thanks
Amanda
bud

Thank you, Amanda.
bud

Hi Amanda,
I just checked on my CC online and there is a $199.99 pending charge from HughesNet again. Are we going to start being charged this amount from now on? Thanks.