Hughesnet Community

DNS lookup error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bud

DNS lookup error

We've been getting a lot of DNS lookup errors, especially during the free download hours where our connection slows down a lot. 
Looking at the troubleshooting in 192.xxx.x.x I find "DNS AccelerationThis diagnostic message indicates that your HN7000S has detected a possible DNS Acceleration issue. 
This is typically a transient condition and should clear up in a few minutes. No action is required on your part."
It rarely clears up up within a few minutes.
I'm using a Mac mini OS X 10.10.5, Apple's Airport Express and the serial # for our HN7000S is 1032639-0001. I hope that's the right serial.
I have OpenDNS setup on both my Mac and Apple router. 
Never had any problems with previous ISPs before Hughesnet.
72 REPLIES 72
Amanda

Hi Bud

Let me double check everything again and see what needs to be done. I'll make sure the refund has been processed over here to the correct card.  And yes, we would absolutely honor cancelling with no fees or issues at any time.

Thanks
Amanda
Amanda

Oh gosh.. Well, looks like the agent mis-read my notes. My exact notes were "I found that the pro plus offer is still active and put him on that one since it is 475/mb a day, same speeds as Power 150 and same price (79.99)" 

I believe since Pro Plus was not capitalized the agent may have missed that the Pro Plus was the plan you were supposed to go to. Do you mind if I change it? You will only need to call in to register if you cannot do it on your own already, but do not need to change the plan again as I can do that over here when you give me the go-ahead.

Amanda
bud

Hi Amanda,

Yes, please change it to Pro Plus for me. Let me know and I'll call to re-register again.
Refund for 2 months, right? Thanks.

Bud
Amanda

Hi Bud

Looking at my first post the refund was for 1 month. I have decommissioned and set the new plan and left a note that they should only re-register and that is it. No other changes.

I am beginning to reach the max credit I can apply to a single account due to business rules (amount paid vs amount credited), but I can get away with a monthly discount, so I can apply a $20/12 months instead if that works for you. Let me know how the re-register goes.

Thanks
Amanda
bud

Hi Amanda,

This was from last month, the first of two credit/refunds (I have not seen the latest credit/refund to our CC yet) that we didn't get:

"Hi Bud

I am not sure what happened the other day but I thought I had posted to you... I credited the difference and was preparing to refund once it went through. The issue at this point is we cannot continue to do a price match on a plan that is so expensive, but I had already sent a third followup request on the issue for your DNS problems so I could finally move you back to your old plan. I think I may have to do so anyway, so that if there is still an issue, the engineering dept does it on the right service plan.

Thanks
Amanda"

I have re-registered to update our account after finding the System light off from the modem. It's up and running now. 

We can go with the $20/12 monthly discount if you can't refund our $199.

Last night after the free download period I kept getting a Web Acceleration Status error that kept me from opening some sites. Is there a way to jump start it or turn it off in the HN7000S modem?

Thank you for all your help.

Bud
Amanda

Hi Bud

I will take care of this somehow. I'll post the details before 4PM EST here today. I will be out starting this afternoon until Tuesday of next week. Thank you for your patience

Amanda
Amanda

Hi Bud

Just to add.. I issued a $199.99 refund in May to a Visa ending in 8422 - that is the one you have not received?

Amanda
bud

Hi Amanda,

Ay yi yi, I didn't see your message until now. Yes, I finally seen the credit posted. As for the $20/12 monthly discount, it was short lived 😞 First month was credited, last month it wasn't. Thanks for all your help and I'm sorry it took me a while to get back with you. 

Bud
Amanda

Hi
I think this is because I may not have put it in.. was waiting on your reply.

I can confirm it is applied now and for 12 months long. Glad to hear you got the credit. You can refer to that case number for any issues with the credit/discount in the event I am not available.
Service Adjustment Status
SAN: DSS33355991
Service Credit Applied successfully for the Account
DSS33355991 Case ID for the operation is 54774588. 

Have a good weekend
Amanda
bud

Amanda,
You have a good weekend too. Thank you.

Bud