Hughesnet Community

DO NOT GET - - I don't care HOW rural you are!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdbmmi

DO NOT GET - - I don't care HOW rural you are!!

This is the absolute WORST internet service in the world!!!  As much as I hate the reviled Mediacom (my former internet carrier), the 1.5 scant months I've had this piece of crap have been terrible!!!  And let's not even talk 'status meter'  More money, more money . . . .that's all these money-grubbing people want!! 
6 REPLIES 6
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

What about the Status Meter? If you don't like the new version here is the older one: http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/zjZNJSle/file.html

Other than that, care to explain in more detail the other concerns you have?
kdbmmi

NP - - WHY isn't the 'fair access policy' even mentioned when one first chooses (wrong move) to go with HughesNet Gen4???  Sure you can buy more tokens - - -ka-ching-ka-ching or stay up until an ungodly 3 or 4 in the morning to take advantage of the so-called bonus time.  Some of us work for a living . . . and NOT the third shift . . . unreal . . . . . . .
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Service plans are sold based upon data allowance for the most part, they have very little differences in speeds to be honest.  The Fiar Access Policy is mentioned during sales, as well as terms and conditions, and the web address to view contractual information is also mentioned.  If provided an email address, Hughesnet will also send out an email with links to read all contractual information.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You didn't sign up for a plan with a set amount of data each month? They don't totally shut off connection or automatically charge you for additional bandwidth. They only slow it down once over allowance.

Your choice to buy additional full speed bandwidth (token), or not.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You purchased a capped plan.  You knew it was a capped plan from the beginning, as that is what your particular plan is based upon...the size of the data cap.  There are three ways to monitor your usage, one of them being the status meter, of which the latest incarnation that may not work right for a few people was very recently released, so you had the one that works just fine for the majority of the time you've had Hughesnet. 

Then, due to lack of paying attention, you run out of data.  Whose fault is this?  You don't have to buy tokens.  If you had been paying attention, you would have no need to. 

You're angry at Hughesnet for something that is completely under YOUR control.  That really carries weight. 

If I lease a car, then drive a bunch and run out of gas, am I supposed to be mad at the manufacturer, or even the dealer, because I didn't pay attention to the gas gauge?

I think if I went in ranting about it I'd be getting the same type of reaction.      

Amanda

Hello kdbmmi,

Welcome to our community. We're sorry to hear you are not happy with your service and would like to investigate. It seems your main concern here is data usage - what does your normal daily online activity consist of?

In regards to data allowance per month, all our sales agents should be having a discussion with potential customers about how much data each plan offers, we can review your sales call to see if this was not the case. 

The 2-8AM Bonus Bytes can be used without you having to stay up if you are using a download manager. I am sure our community members can recommend a good one.

Thank you
amanda