cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT TAKE ONE PENNY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!!!

Honorary Alumnus

Re: DO NOT TAKE ONE PENNY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!!!

Pam,

Unlike legacy plans, there usually are no monthly free Tokens.

As to usage, there are three methods of measuring your usage. Each of them have their own issues:

Method #1 is the Download Status Meter:

This is kind of a "quick and dirty" look at your usage.

Its "issues" revolve around the fact that it is reportedly slow to update, it for the most part displays in "percentage" rather than hard and fast numerical values.

1% of a Power Pro 15 GB plan is 150 MB so a "percent" type of display is subject to "rounding errors".

Consider that a 15 GB Anytime allowance is 15000 MB divided roughly by 30 days gives you a "daily allowance" of  only 500 MB if you are to avoid purchasing tokens.

A 10/10 GB plan would only allow 333 MB per day Anytime period usage and that includes both upload and download.

With daily values like that a meter that reads in percentage is just not "fine" enough to closely monitor usage.

The second method of gauging your usage is from the modems SCC main page display:

Here is one I "anointed" that explains the three sources of data available.

Again the problem here is the "resolution", the "fineness" of the meter output. As a percentage, it is just to "rough" to gauge you daily usage and is subject to "rounding errors".

The third and most accurate of the meters is found after logging in here:

http://my.hughesnet.com/

The "at a glance" meter is the most accurate of the three methods. This is the meter that is used to "update" the other two.

This meter has the familiar "percentage" readouts but also has the much more accurate numerical readouts I have highlighted below.

This is going to be your "source" for determining your starting values for how much data you can "spend" daily during a Anytime Byte or Bonus Byte period:

The biggest issues for customers that have upgraded are:

#1: Uploads now count.

#2: The much greater speed will allow you to do things you couldn't before so you will consume data much faster even though your data allowance may be the same or even less than what you could have milked out of a legacy plan.

#3: Having GB's of data sitting in the "bucket" make it look like an all-you-can-eat buffet but if divided up into a "daily allotment" you may find you have a very small daily value if you are to avoid FAP or Token purchases.

As the internet is today, with all the flash, scripts, ads and auto-start video clips all wasting your data, it is essential to run browsers add-ons like Adblock Plus and No Script.

Hi Pam, Glad to see your getting the hang of things Smiley Happy Unfortunately no Gen4 does not recieve a free token every month like the legacy plans did, but the ones you already had did transfer over.. From your screenshot it appears you have 9.9 GB Token Bytes Available.. They will carry over month after month till they're used up, so you should be ok for awhile..             

Wait you said you hadn't got any for a few months ???  You should have gotten them up until you switched to gen4.. I'm not sure totally how the complimentary tokens worked on legacy plans as I'm a seasoned GEN4 lol..... I'm assuming that you had to activate them for use through the customer portal and if I'm not mistaken that could only be done if you were out of allowance ???? Sorry Sgoshe or Gwalk would probably be more familar with the process for older plans Smiley Happy  

My best guess whatever you had before was added to the already available token bank but just to make sure there's none hiding amongst the clouds I would visit     http://my.hughesnet.com/  register if you haven't already done so. As soon as your logged in you will see the "At a Glance" meter (pic with the circles I posted above)  click on the Blue token management link. You'll then see a screen similar to this:

(nevermind the arrows in this pic, it was just snatched fromn another post)

Any left over free monthly tokens from a legacy plan, that hasn't already been added to the token bank would be listed in that greyed out section. The way I understand it, that section will remain greyed out until your empty an then you can activate those tokens.. Other tokens are activateable at anytime, just a wierd quirk with legacy converted to new SMH...

As a side note I'm not sure why your pics are posting the way they are but, take a peak at this article and maybe it'll help :  http://ricksyakshack.com/view_topic.php?id=9238&forum_id=73
Highlighted

lol I think I figured out the error with pics, that pic was a copy past hence the no show lets try this again here's the pic thats supposed to be posted above :
Honorary Alumnus

When I upgraded from a HN7000s to a Gen4 my accumulated Tokens followed me over. I then "used" them to transfer them from being "owned" to being placed in my "Token Bucket". Currently have 17.5 GB banked for automatic use if needed.

Honorary Alumnus

Yup "grayed out" if none available:

Tokens ready for "auto-use" are stored in the highlighted "Token Bytes Available" bucket: