cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT TAKE ONE PENNY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!!!

pam

DO NOT TAKE ONE PENNY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!!!

A guy named rodrick called .He has only called 2 times. nothing has been done to fix  one thing. but the funny thing is you all (hughesnet) keeps telling me everything is okay. you know what its far from being okay. Microsoft called, was going to put some stuff on my computer to see why it is at dialup speed. They could not put nothing on my computer,IT WOULD NOT STAY ONLINE. With in 40 minutes it had jumped offline 6 or more times.Microsoft could not believe a company like Hughesnet had such poor service and this has been going on for over a year,still can not get no one to fix it..If microsoft hadnt called i would not had know how bad hughesnet really is. you all know this is going on. Microsoft could not download one thing for it being at a crawl and then jumping off line.they ask are you sure you are not on dial up.Dial up is faster than this.This should have been fixed.
54 REPLIES 54
New Poster

Re: DO NOT TAKE ONE PENNY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!!!

its a good thing they couldn't download anything. it a scam the same people called my father in law and loaded a bunch of freeware on his computer and charged him $200. it wasn't Microsoft it was a scam. Microsoft does not have customers phone numbers. now I would take your computer to a repair store and have it scanned completely. I had to wipe my in laws system and reload everything. and I'm guessing you will to 
Assistant Professor

Yea, Microsoft doesn't call individual users. Can you imagine with billions of Windows users?
Alum

Hello Pam,

Thanks for the post and sorry for the confusion. We checked the notes and you were correct that 2 calls were made to you, However during the last call on 9/15, it states that you were not available to troubleshoot, as a direct number was given to you to callback when you were available.

We are eager to help you! Please let us know a good time for you to troubleshoot your equipment.

- Warren
Admin

Pam,  we'll dig into your problem and investigate further today.  But, do please listen to Charles and sghoshe's caution.  These scams are very dangerous to your systems and expensive.     
New Poster

They charged my in law $200 that we were never able to block or get back.

Microsoft called you?!??!? I don't think so - I'd be careful whom you give access to your stuff. It sounds like you probably have a bunch of viruses on your computer that are slowing your speeds down to a crawl. Did you check this? Have you taken speed tests? Are you out of your data? You know what ordering people online to stop taking money out of your account won't get you anywhere right? If you really want to stop payment call them but it sure sounds like you have issues with viruses. Good luck to you. 
Assistant Professor

I'm confused by your reply Warren. Are you saying someone from HughesNet did call her but said they were with Microsoft?

Never mind, had to read it several times. I guess she is saying they were different calls.
New Poster

It will be OK just have another cup of coffee. Smiley Happy
Assistant Professor

Ha, ha, good advice!