cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Outages

New Poster

Daily Outages

Second morning in a row now where the system is returning status code of 12.7.2.  Yesterday, it was down 4 hours.  Today is been 6 and still not up.  Routinely getting a satellite receive strength of less than 50.  I absoluetly refuse to once again re-install as every time some less than usefule tech on th ephone goes through that process, I have to then wait for a real tech to come out and fix it on site.  What gives?

2 REPLIES 2
Senior Instructor

Re: Daily Outages

That's a transmission nack error. I used to see those a lot. Then I cleared nearby tree limbs to give the dish a wider view to the sides as well as (and especially from) above. Then the problem went away.

Not saying this is the case in your particular instance, just that it worked for me.

It's either the surrounding foliage or you may need to plant some bumpers around the dish to keep the UPS man (or others) from banging into it. Can't see how a dish can un-align itself that often unless you're experiencing earthquakes that are severe and often enough to change your topography.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Re: Daily Outages

Hi tmrwdcck,

Thank you for your post. I was able to look at your signal history and it appears to be reading out as an alignment issue. Upon inspecting the installation location of your dish, do you believe that corner is very stable? Did the installer tell you this was the only place he could install it? 

~Amanda