Hughesnet Community

Data Allowance

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
korymorgan

Data Allowance

I noticed today how extremely slow our connection is. After doing some investigating I found that we are throttled down immensely after our allowance is out. Unfortunately, the rep who signed us up had us believing something entirely different. He had us believing that once our daily is gone the bonus takes over.
We have had a rough beginning with Hughes. Our DL speeds are still way low, especially in the evening. We are working on resolution for that. But now this. I take part of the blame as I should have asked more clarifying questions. But I would like to believe that what I am being told is true and not just for making a sale.
If Hughes could see their way to shooting us some Allowance credit that sure would go along way with us. We're not asking for the entire amount. 10 would make us very happy.
Anyway, I also hope that future customers read this before signing up so that they are well informed. They would be wise to peruse the entire community before siging up. We would have been better informed.
34 REPLIES 34
korymorgan

Thanks a ton!!! I am not bale to do much on the net till next month. Took a long time to load this page. But I will work on what I can. 

If I am being honest, the wife wants to cancel. We thought it would be pretty straight forward. This has been all to consuming for a internet connection from the jump. And Hughes has been no help. 

All these things to do to keep our allowance down for 105 bucks a month. 

Wouldnt mind speaking to you on the phone if you would eve be willing. Much can be lost in text.

Thank you again my friend!!
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I Kory,

As to canceling .....

Satellite internet is ISP of last resort ... if you have another viable option ... well take it.

If Hughes is your only option then the best bet is to learn its strengths and weaknesses.

Mine runs well, its not cable, it can't be ...

There are like I said "adjustments to be made.

As far as contact, we don't want to post any personal info on a public forum but if you join the "Shack" and PM me from there ..... (I'm a Mod there ... as Gwalk)

Be advised that I'm about to leave for Chicago to pick up Wife and Daughter at O'Hare so today is shot and I have some major surgery scheduled for next week but we can see how thing develop.

Hope the info from the posts above help ...

http://www.ricksyakshack.com/

ceylonh
New Poster

I've been signed up for awhile and feel I was lied to be the sales rep.  We have it at our vacation home in the mountains where nothing else is available.  After a week the data is used up - we have two cell phones and a laptop.  The internet is fine, but my problem comes with streaming tv.  I was told, as long as I didn't play games that I should have plenty of data to use netflix.  Well that just isn't so.  After about 5 or 6 shows all my data is gone.  I just feel the representative was not honest and there's nothing I can do.  Hughesnet beat's nothing - but not by much.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You have to set Netflix to playback in SD or better yet low definition: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87
mica1022
Freshman

Thank you so much for this information.  I know nothing about computers, so I need to ask - are the Guest, WPS and QoS options in the router directory or somewhere else? This is more information than I've received from Hughesnet in the past 3 years.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Yes, all in the router setting. If you have your router address set to 192.168.1.1 this link will take you directly to the GUI:  http://192.168.1.1
korymorgan

My sales rep told me the same exact thing about games. Told him I am not a gamer and responded exactly the same. Problem is, it falls on deaf ears as far as Hughes is concerned, they got you. 
The people in the "community" are the ones who know more than the Hughes people but unfortunately can do nothing about it. So you either read the posts on this thread or ditch it.
Liz

Good morning korymorgan,

Thank you again for your patience, I just got back the results of your sales call review. It's not detailed, but straight to the point:

The customer was mislead
and the agent has been coached on this behavior prior to this being
sent over. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Please check your e-mail later today where we will further address your concerns.

I'm sorry this happened; thank you for bringing this to our attention.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

korymorgan

Thank you so much. This case has been resolved positively. I consider it closed BUT the information obtained within, from members of this community, is about as good as it gets and should be read and used by all.

Special thanks to Gwalk900 and BirdDog and Liz.

I have learned my lesson and hopefully Hughes was able to use this info as well 😃
Liz

Thank you Kory, I'm so glad you've found our community beneficial, this is why we are here! Don't be a stranger; feel free to post back with any experiences that could help other HughesNet subscribers. 🙂

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

skipper47

I was also led to believe that i had unlimited data usage.
Geraldine Chamb

I, too, was told or lead to believe I could use all the date I wanted altho they didn't tell it was "unlimited". I live alone and had high usage, when I am not ever home. STRANGE!!!! I can't wait to resign my relationship with HUGHES. I have no telephone use. For the last week, it has been off/on use. BUT NOW THERE IS NONE!!! No call back either.
tedc57

Me too. I signed up Mar 31th used my anytime data. Paid May 3rd and no reload of anytime data. Still using bonus data. Computer is slow...way slow.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Bonus data is only used between 2-8 AM. What date is shown in Status Meter beside Anytime Data Cycle Usage? Reset date can also be viewed on the meter located here: http://192.168.0.1/