HughesNet Community

Data Allowance

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
korymorgan

Data Allowance

I noticed today how extremely slow our connection is. After doing some investigating I found that we are throttled down immensely after our allowance is out. Unfortunately, the rep who signed us up had us believing something entirely different. He had us believing that once our daily is gone the bonus takes over.
We have had a rough beginning with Hughes. Our DL speeds are still way low, especially in the evening. We are working on resolution for that. But now this. I take part of the blame as I should have asked more clarifying questions. But I would like to believe that what I am being told is true and not just for making a sale.
If Hughes could see their way to shooting us some Allowance credit that sure would go along way with us. We're not asking for the entire amount. 10 would make us very happy.
Anyway, I also hope that future customers read this before signing up so that they are well informed. They would be wise to peruse the entire community before siging up. We would have been better informed.
34 REPLIES 34