cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Drain - ESN:10601296

Data Drain - ESN:10601296

How in the world can data be drained when there is nothing connected to my modem? I unplugged my modem from my router. There is nothing else connected to my modem... so how can there be a loss of data allowance? I've had this issue more than once. I am quite sick of it.
6 REPLIES 6
Assistant Professor

Re: Data Drain - ESN:10601296

Eric, do you have a case number or the serial number from the modem? They may not be able to locate your account by ESN.

This is what they will want you to do to prove phantom data drain. Click on the picture to see it better:

Sgoshe If I take a Screen shoot Wouldn't the Date and Time both show up if I selected All in the Paint Program? I Just need to know, Because I thought it would also show Them? Thanks Ron

Good morning Eric,

Thank you for your post, we want to address your concerns. We were able to pull up your account with your ESN, so thanks for providing that.

As sgoshe stated, please follow the illustrated steps he posted above to isolate the HughesNet modem to see if that is the source of the unidentified data usage. If there is significant data usage when the modem is isolated, these screenshots will help build our case when we escalate it to the engineers.

Please take care in cropping out your SAN while taking the screenshots.

Your cooperation is appreciated and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

WJA

I have noticed a lot of data drain over the past 2 months and I want to make the same test as posted above but I have Hughes voice and so can not pull the plug on the modem. Would disabling the router do the same thing?
Assistant Professor

WJA, yes just unplug the cable going to the router, leave the phone ATA connected.

Hi WJA,

I've created a new thread to focus on addressing your concerns.

-Liz

Please reference the new conversation here: I have noticed a lot of data drain over the past 2 months

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->