Data Drain

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Data Drain

Opinions are going to vary greatly.

Here is mine:

Win7, yes

Win 8/8.1, no

Win10, a resounding definite NO

(and sorry Janet ... I had known GlassWire was not compatible with Vista but had forgotten)

Alum

Windows 7 is probably one of the most stable operating systems released by Microsoft. As long as it is supported, that is in my opinion the best option. 
Honorary Alumnus

Wow...my data drainage issue has certainly snowballed.  Since I am a baby step type of person (guess that's pretty obvious) I will upgrade to Windows 7 (big step, huge).  From there I should have no problem downloading Glasswire and finally getting to the bottom of the issue.  What a great thread full of information.  Might be a few days but I will continue to add to the thread if it's okay so others can follow along?
Alum

Hi Janet,

Yes feel free to. That would be awesome. Have a great weekend!

- Chris

I have the same problem with Gen4.  It is worthless!!!  I've been with them 10 years, and have learned that HughesNet does not care, despite their lip service.  High Speed Broadband;  what a myth that false statement is.  Speed tests have shown my service is slower than dial up.  HughesNet does not care.    I've completed multiple surveys at HughesNet request over the years, asking for follow-up contact.  Still waiting, and seriously doubt that will ever happen.  Did I mention that HughesNet does not care.  Unfortunately for me, HughesNet is the only provider that reaches the rural area I live in, which is what made me join them in the first place.  I suspect that they know this, so they don't have to care.  They do like my money though.     
Assistant Professor

Care to post speed results? Do you have a case number from phone support or serial number from your mode? Please start your own post if you want help online here.
Alum

Hi qrsfarm,

Thanks for posting. Please scroll up to the top of the page and create a new post so we can better address your concerns. Feel free to provide speed test results with your post. 

Thank you,
Chris