cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Loss

Data Loss

I have had severe data loss since January 2015...I was told to post here and maybe someone cam possibly help me...Now that I have jumped through the hoops that Hughes has put in  place the pictures may be here...

66 REPLIES 66
Alum

Re: Data Loss

Hi longstreath45,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! This is a great place to get help and I am sure we can investigate your site and identify the source of your unidentified data usage. Can you specify the date and times these pictures were taken? How many hours passed between the screenshots? Looking forward to your reply. 

Thank you,
Chris

I'm sorry Chris...
They were on the 10th between 8:35 AM and 9:55 PM...
Alum

Hi longstreath45,

Thank you for the update. I will investigate. Once we have more information for you we will give you an update. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. 

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris I will be waiting...

5 Months doesn't seem like too long to wait does it...LOL
Associate Professor
Honorary Alumnus

Well, somebody sure slipped a cog on that one !

The data has to be going  ... somewhere  ......

The usual procedure is to take a screenshot of your status meter and note the time just before shutting down your computer .... and disconnecting the LAN cable from the rear of the modem .... as you did long ago.

Then reconnect the LAN cable just prior to startup and again noting the time.

Post the two screenshots along with the two times here in the Community and ... we will bump your post relentlessly so it doesn't get lost again.

There are so many variables if a user has a router in terms of potential "leaks" that we ask that the user remove the router during trouble shooting and connect  single computer directly to the modem.

Many of us also run the free version of a program called GlassWire that really helps track usage by program or process.

Glasswire can be found here:

https://www.glasswire.com/help/

As an example I installed the latest version of Win10 Preview (3.85 GB download) and after installation Glasswire showed that nearly 450 MB was downloaded while I was still in the process of getting things as much under control as one can with Win10:

(Click on pic for larger image)

Remember, Glasswire will only track and display the usage of the single device upon which it is installed.

Assistant Professor

Chris gets the bad boy award for the week.  Smiley Sad

Obviously got overlooked in the Friday cleanup a looong time ago.
Alum

Hi All,

Actually Robert, we had some one contact you by phone directly from our corporate office. And he was able to resolve you concerns. There was no data leak. I did forget to reply back to this thread stating this but that does not mean you were not assisted. I can pull up the notes from every case if you'd like? 

- Chris