Data Nonsense

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eathomasii

Data Nonsense

Crazy Data Problems.
Hughes is such a poor company...and their "CSR's give canned responses".  Does anyone like the new data graphs that we have forced us to use?  I liked the specific hourly data charts we had before the change this weekend.
Hughes has some serious issues...just read these remarks re data.  Can we ask our congress folks to look into the company. They have some serious issues. 

We "used" over 40 gigs in 6 days...and some of those days we were not even home-- and our laptops were off...I can't even use WIFI on my phone.  How many times can Hughes tell us to turn off automatic updates--as if that's the problem.  Anyone else ever see such nonsense.  While their system was down yesterday for "maintenance" we used 1.6 gig...anyone else see their data spike while Hughes was doing work on their system?  Written 3.27.16.
16 REPLIES 16
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I'm not a fan of the line graphs either. Didn't realize they changed the history graph at http://my.hughesnet.com/

Who' s  system was down yesterday for maintenance?

Your WiFi network is on you, phone connecting or not is most likely a router issue. Distance from router?

Congress?    
sweethat

I am all for suing hughesnet. tell me where to sigh. I cant stand this new line graph. The data it shows is from the previous day.  Where as I could see usage 3 hours earlier. I spoke with a CSR she had me uninstall status meter and now i   
sweethat

tried downloading it and it wont install.  CSR says to be patient and that they are working to resolve the issues with this update that no one ask for. I hope so because I will make no more payment for this headache until it is fixed. WORD! 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

NUMBER!

Like saying you won't pay your electric bill because it was out for 15 minutes. Good luck. Besides that graph is not an essential item when it comes to providing service.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

KarenKlomparens
New Poster

Is this  ^  one of those comments that new users are talking about when saying they are being made fun of or treated rudely on this board?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You must admit threatening with Congress over a usage graph is a bit funny. Not being rude, just live in reality is all. The stuff people get all wrapped around the axle with these days does amaze me.
KarenKlomparens
New Poster

Looks like mine is broken.  Day, week, month, and 2 months.   Always the same error.   Hughes really needs an hour by hour in real time.   The old page was by the hour but not in real time.
deepdiver1
Sophomore

Install Glasswire or other personal FREE usage monitor.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Karen,

The "hour by hour" never was intended to be real time as it is a "History"

For real time usage use the "at a glance" meter that IS real time and resolves down to a single MB:

The new history display does convey the same info as in the past.

It does seem to filter out the "heartbeat" usage amounts:

Chris11
Alum

Hello eathomasii,

We appreciate the post. As mentioned our data graphs have not changed drastically to the point where you can't see what you've always been able to see. Take a look at Gwalks pictures. What was added mainly consists of a more comprehensive depiction of weekly and monthly usage. 

Also, if you think that our equipment or some other factor is causing what you have been experiencing we have a test to help with pinpointing some things for you. Take a look at this graph and follow the directions:

Please make sure to crop out your SAN when posting the screenshots. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris
murray.thomas1

I was told the Feds as usual are the blame and the reason for the data restrictions. I was told by at least 2 different techs at Tier 4 that the technology is there to give more data and faster speeds, they are just waiting on permission from the FCC to use it. He said when it comes on line they will be unlimited and be able to compete with cable and phone. Personally, I haven't checked any other satellite providers, so this may or may not be true. All I know, is for the ridiculous amount of money I'm paying, I should be getting a lot more data than I get. $350+ per month is pathetic.
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

I was told the Feds as usual are the blame and the reason for the data restrictions. I was told by at least 2 different techs at Tier 4 that the technology is there to give more data and faster speeds, they are just waiting on permission from the FCC to use it. He said when it comes on line they will be unlimited and be able to compete with cable and phone. Personally, I haven't checked any other satellite providers, so this may or may not be true.
Whoever told you that is full of feathers. By definition, you cannot get "unlimited" service from a satellite that can only pass 100 Gbps maximum.
All I know, is for the ridiculous amount of money I'm paying, I should be getting a lot more data than I get. $350+ per month is pathetic.
What are you comparing your current plan allowance to? What else is available in your area?

If you can get it, try Verizon. Last time I checked, they wanted $770 for 100 GB/mo.

Or try AT&T. They only want $750 for 100 GB/mo.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
KarenKlomparens
New Poster

I can't tell by the fuzzy image....does the last pic show hour by hour?    And why do all the screen shots on this site always look so bad?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Click on the pic for a larger image
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If you click on the image a picture opens which is bigger and clearer, just how the site is setup.

And depends on the size and resolution of original picture posted.