cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Speeds

Data Speeds

I just went to the highest package available (50 GB anytime data) and the speed was supposed to go up as well.  Well, that's where the issue arises.  The speed has slowed down a lot.  I was getting 7 to 8 mbps on the previous plan but I am now getting around 4 mbps.  Why does it always seem that when you RAISE YOUR PLAN and SPEND MORE MONEY, you get screwed the most?

This is pathetic.  I've already filed a billing claim with the BBB, thinking about sales fraud claim too.  This is getting BEYOND pathetic.
50 REPLIES 50
Alum

Re: Data Speeds

Hi wwatkins123,

Thank you for posting. Are you using the support center speed tests found here: www.supportcenter.myhughesnet.com? We will look into this for you by running diagnostics on your site and check the ability for you to communicate with the satellite. Once we have something more we will update you. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we address your concerns.

Thank you,
Chris

I am constantly having to buy GB,'S and I can't even hardly get on the internet it's so slow eachonrh O am paying more and more and still getting speeds lower than dial up. I too will be filing with the BBB because as it turns out, I don't live in the right state to get the speeds that I am paying for. This is ridiculous.

Ya know I went almost 3 months and was not connected with the satellite After everything I went thru the pages still load forever....And it is not my computer. also why do you have to use the site you suggest for speed test? The tech that was here used a site with racecars as the background ...I wish I could find it to show you.....and if the tech is not using hat you tell us then things there arnt right either. WWatkins I know what your going thru!!!

I use the speed tester provided to us by the FCC.  I KNOW that one is going to be accurate.

I'll run your test when I get home.  
Alum

Hi wwatkins,

HughesNet only recognizes two speed tests sources. For an explanation of why this is please refer to this community post:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/which_speed_test_results_are_the_most_accurate_an...

So please run the test on the support center. An alternative test which is HughesNet approved is from www.testmy.net Here are some instructions on how to run the test properly on this site:

Next page:

Just make sure to use 12 MB as the download and upload size. Hope this clears everything up. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

I bet the BBB prefers one that's approved by the federal government, not one that is "Hughes Net approved".

SMH!

Hi wwatkins123,

I recommend reading this: http://money.howstuffworks.com/better-business-bureau1.htm

Thanks
Amanda

I know what the BBB does.  How HughesNet has an A+ rating is BEYOND ME.  Nothing but a scam...and that's coming from the thousands of registered complaints on the BBB website.
Associate Professor

Wouldn't do the auto-test for one reason, it will run once every hour, 12 times over the course of a day if the user forgets about the website and leaves it open, it can consume a good chunk of data, and unless you have Combined selected, it will only do the download portion of the test instead of upload portion.