cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Speeds

Re: Data Speeds

Good afternoon Melinda,

Your case manager has called you four times after speaking with the repair technician on your site on June 18th. Hughes has applied service credits to your account and we are very interested in resolving the issues at your site. A message was left for you again today, please return the call. We will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Miles
Alum

Hi Deborah,

We have created a post to better address your concerns.

- Chris

Please reference the new conversation here: Post for Deborah Young: Running out of data and slow speeds
Highlighted

Chris, can you check my account out and make sure the satellite is aligned right?
Alum

Hi wwatkins,

Sorry I didn't mention this. I just recently ran diagnostics on your site and and all your equipment is fine. Your ability to communicate with the satellite is OK as well. The speed tests will be the better indication of whats going on. Since it shows a more definitive view of what you are experiencing at home. Thanks for asking though. 

- Chris

Deborah,

I too am very disappointed with this service. The speeds are super slow and we aren't even given close to the amount of data we would receive if with another company. I know because I was with ATT forever before I moved here to my current address and needless to say, ATT does not cover the area. :-( I settled to get hughesnet bc I needed internet and wifi services wich of course hughesnet doesn't provide wifi... I was using my old wifi box I purchased from ATT and bc the data is so little, in two days we have exceeded usage. Last month, I just told my kids to use the home internet only for emergencies...basically for me to post my online homework assignments. My children now walk to the public library up the street for their wifi needs... (sad, I know) and we don't use the wifi box at all anymore. I am about to just add another wireless internet service to go with this (paying double I know) bc it's just entirely too high to cancel the contract early, which I feel is robbery bc the service is so poor to begin with. No wonder we are all made to go into a contract and charged so much money to opt out early,.... they know this service sucks and I will never recommend it to another friend ever again.

Kathisa Macon (unhappy customer)

I PAY $100 PER MONTH FOR THIS CRAP?!?!?!?!!?!  And I had it hooked up direct to the modem too.

This has just pissed me off even more!!!!!!!

I totally understand where you are coming from.  I have had so much trouble with Hughes net.  Slow, data used up quick and I am the only one using it!  I only get on for emails, facebook and looking things up.  I have upgraded twice and still no better.  Of course I did a 2 year contract and it is too expensive to get out of.  I WILL go back to Wild Blue once this ends.  Its all I can get where I live.  They also just upped my bill $8 and of course they cant seem to tell me why.  Grrrrrrr.  Good luck to you. 

Anyone going to respond to this crap?
Associate Professor