cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Speeds

Alum

Re: Data Speeds

Hi wwatkins,

Thank you for posting your speed test results. However we will need more, so that we have a nice sample size to send up to our engineers, please run the speeds tests at www.supportcenter.myhughesnet.com as well. 

Run about 3-5 tests throughout the day. Seeing how your speeds fluctuate will give us a better idea of your sites performance. To compensate for the speed tests that you will need to run I will drop some token bandwidth into your account. I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thank you,
Chris

Adding to what has been said in the comments above, here is our experience.  

A few months ago, we signed on at "second package" which was to be 20G anytime per month.  Saw that we were exhausting that (without knowing that we had "ghosts" within the system that were using up gigabytes when we were doing nothing) and "upgraded" to the Ultra plan.  Both download and upload speed plunged to less than what we had with Verizon DSL.  Made multiple contacts with tech support.  We were told that the degraded service had something to do with switching to a different/new server system and that we would be notified when those were up and running.  We are still waiting on that news.  Meanwhile, we were "downgraded" to the "second level" (now only 15 gig; the 20 that we originally had was no longer available in our area.  So much for being "restored to our original package."  What the ...?)  

Next we were told the problem was with our router.  (Don't believe that line, folk. Smoke and mirrors.)  Have had some connections with Tier 4 support, and those folk were easy to work with.  Those tech reps have extended some courtesies for our difficulties with our service; that is appreciated. However, our connections are still slow, no matter whether in "anytime" or "bonus" time.  Data still "disappears."  We get better connection using our mobile phones' hot spot service.

While trying to find out if the Ultra plan is now working (including if the server issues have been corrected), now we only get call centers in the Philippines.  If I hear one more time "Oh, yes, I know exactly how you feel" or its variants (I find that very condescending.), I am not certain what I will do.  There is no problem with our router.  There are no problems with our internal network.  The main problem is that we signed on with HughesNet. Those customers who have already filed complaints with the BBB and the communications agencies may indeed have the best idea.  Now, if I could only get webpages to open so that I can obtain the appropriate contact info.
Associate Professor
Highlighted

Test 2:

Alum

Hi wwatkins,

I appreciate the additional tests however we need the tests from our support center. Are you familiar with this section of the support center?

Just head over to http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com and click on the speed test link. As I said before 3-5 tests throughout the day.

Thank you,
Chris

When I get the time on Saturday, I'll run that speed test.
Alum

Hi wwatkins,

Sounds good. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris

Ran my first test at 12:20 a.m. CST...

Approx 1 mbps download and upload speeds...on HughesNet's speed test in my account.

SMH!!!

Ran my second test at 5:50 pm today.  Better download speed at around 4 mbps but upload speed went to just 800 kbps.

Still pathetic for paying $100/month!!!

They constantly want you to run their test, but after you do that on your won, they tell you that need to run test and they wanted me to go straight to the modem with every laptop in my house, they tried to telle it was my device REALLY?????? This sucks big time. I WANT out!!!! But the tuition fee is ridiculous!