cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Speeds

Re: Data Speeds

I want to know how someone gets 50 GB for $100? I've been paying $116 for 15 GB since 2009, (now at $150 for 20 since April or May) - what is going on? This last bill I paid $188 with token purchases. I so am not happy. I am now down to 1 kid at home, he never uses the wi-fi because I've threatened his life - because I work on the darn thing and it's not an option, and yes, I will stay up every night until I'm dead to  try to stay awake to watch a little Netflix. Let my TV service go, and I'm paying in excess (with the tokens purchased last 2 months) of $188 for this? The upgrade was stupid because I got only 5 more GB for approximately $45 more. This is beyond ridiculous, and I'm still at least 1 to 2 GB over my "daily usage." No neighbors within 2-3 miles (except my elderly mother-in-law who doesn't even use internet). I am so angry. I guess (when I was kicked off Netflix at 7:45 and re-logged back in), that extra 15 min which I was supposed to have coming to me from 7:45 a.m. to 8 a.m. plus the 30 min past 8 a.m. I went to finish watching the doggone movie cost me over 2 GB? I've got it set to the lowest settings as per your guys' instructions. I never use it until 2 a.m. rolls around, and this is the first time I've watched past 8 a.m. (30 lousy minutes!!!)  Let me rephrase that - I paid $136 per month for 4 years, upgraded to Gen 4 and actually went down to $116 for almost 2 years, then upgraded back in April or May to try and get more GB per month - went from 15 to 20 GB, and now the bill is $150+ (not to mention the tokens that I have to purchase to make it til renewal).  This is not cool. 

We should all just get together and sue for false advertisements and poor quality if a product with excessive prices... Done so only BC all their customers can't receive regular internet services from top notch investors BC they don't offer it in our area.
#bullcrapservice

Shelly I pay $72 a month but I only have like 10 GB.... Somebody please help me to stop laughing.... I would say blindly robbed... But nope... We awake for this

Forget running test... The service sucks.... Run tests on that. I mean at least offer 100 KB for these high behind prices or something.... Shucks... We all feel scammed... How can hughesnet off set that? No test... That doesn't help and its a waste if time. Period!!!
Highlighted

I bet pricing depends on location.  Pricing varies depending on how far out you are from a large city, most likely.  That's the only thing I can think about.
Alum

Hi wwatkins,

We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Your speeds are definitely low and we do realize that your plan calls for much more. I will be escalating your case to our engineers. Whenever you get a chance keep running the tests. The more the better. You have plenty of data out of your 50 GB anytime and I have added some toke bandwidth as well. Once work or changes have been made to your site we will update you and check on your performance. 

Thank you,
Chris

Kathisa I would have replied had I seen this earlier - a lot of my e-mail from HN goes to Spam due the sheer number of HN e-mail, I guess. Yeah, we're wide awake for this one Smiley Happy
Alum

Hi wwatkins,

I have consulted with our engineers and they have instructed me to have you run more speed tests. The amount of results are not sufficient enough to give them a good depiction of what may be going on with your site. Please run 3-5 more tests throughout a few days, and each time you go to run a test, run about 3-4 tests 5-10 minutes apart. A few days of this should be enough. 

Thank you,
Chris

My speeds are still horrible.  I don't understand why I am paying what I am and not getting what I paid for.  This is really starting to piss me off.
Alum

Hi wwatkins,

As I suggested in my last post, please run some more tests for us to evaluate. Other than your testmy results there are only three HughesNet test run so far:

We would like to continue to address your concerns. If this performance persists we can take more measures to help compensate for the inconvenience. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thank you,
Chris