cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Speeds

Re: Data Speeds

I'm sorry, I work 60 hours a week so it's hard to test them.  I'll TRY and test throughout the day on Saturday, if I'm off.

5 more tests for your engineers to "look at".

Alum

Hi wwatkins,

Thank you for running these tests. We do appreciate you as a customer and as a show of good faith I went ahead and added a 1 month service credit to your account. You should still have plenty of bandwidth available as well. If you can continue running the tests over the weekend whenever you have time that would be great. Have a good one and I look forward to talking to you next week.

Thanks,
Chris

Thank you.  I will continue running tests because I would rather have good service and pay for it.  Thanks again.
Alum

Hi wwatkins,

I see you ran some tests on the 25th. Can you run some tonight if you get a chance? It seems your speeds are improving. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

Went from 15 mbps to 4. UGHHH
Alum

Hi wwatkins,

I do see the results went back up to about 8 or 9. You do have to realize that our speeds are advertised as up to, and they can fluctuate. If we see a consistent slow down then we always escalate to get them resolved. I do know that work is being done for your gateway so this initial improvement looks to be a good sign. I will keep monitoring your site to see if this improvement is consistent.

Thanks,
Chris

Yeah that's what it's advertised online but not told to use when we order over the phone.  Oh well, hopefully it will stay around the 10 mbps speeds since I'm paying $100 for it.  The upload speeds are PATHETIC though...and I'm concerned about that since I do web development.

I am having  the same issue with my internet as well. Had a tech scheduled to come out yesterday from 8 to 11 didn't show then I was told that it would be latein the afternoon but no show once again and I called hughes  to complain they called me a liar.. I was really pissed 2 1/2 hours later when I finally got done and ready to cancel but like everyone has said 2 year contract is were they get you im almost to the point idc anymore cause they breached there contract from day 1 IM AM FED UP WITH IT  all is excuses and the high bills What can we do
New Poster

Mines running 14-15Mbps 24/7 since they fixed it