cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Tokens

Kehea
Freshman

Data Tokens

I accidentally purchashed token bytes and now they're almost all gone but I still have HS data allowance. I'm so confused, please help!

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Data Tokens

I replied to you in the General Discussion area, suggesting you post in this area.  I see you did!  Now the mods will be able to see and address your issue, or another customer might.  Please give them some time, as you may not be the first person in line. 

GabeU

@Kehea

Are you showing that you have Anytime/Service Plan Data remaining?  

Can you post a pic of your HughesNet Usage Meter?  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Kehea
Freshman

Yes, I did have Anytime/ Service Plan Data remaining and it was using my token bytes instead of that data. I don't know how to post a pic. 

GabeU

@Kehea

I'm going to tag the reps so that they can help with this.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though it may take them a day or two to reply. 

If you have Anytime/Service Plan data remaining, your Token Data shouldn't be used.  The way it should work is as follows, with each successive data bank being used when the prior is exhausted (in the time period listed)...

8AM - 2AM:  Anytime Data > Token Data > FAP

2AM - 8AM:  Bonus Data > Anytime Data > Token Data > FAP

FAP = The throttled speed state your service enters when your data is exhausted.  It stands for Fair Access Policy.  

Again, if you still had Anytime Data left, regardless of the time period, your Token data should not have been utilized, so something is wrong.  

Reps, this is Kehea's other thread, concerning a possible time zone discrepancy...  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/data-usage/m-p/94349#M65812

@Liz

@Amanda

Edit:  Sorry for all the email notifications.  When I make an edit it sends out another email notification, unfortunately.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Hi Kehea,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but your main concern is that your token data is being used despite having Anytime Bytes available?

I tried to run diagnostics on your site, but I am unable to communicate with your modem.

In reviewing your account further, I see you contacted us today about changing your credit card on file. Please give us a call at 866.347.3292 so you can provide us a new payment method.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!