cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Troubleshooting

Data Usage Troubleshooting

EXCESS Data drain/usage. NOT POSSIBLE we did it. Data Use Trouble shooting done. Need your help to finish this testing. Have pics, Disconnected LAN 5:50pm Dec 1 and reconnected 8:09am Dec 2. Ref. # 51327962

Starting Screenshot:

Ending screenshot:

23 REPLIES 23
New Poster

Re: Data Usage Troubleshooting

Never will, get used to it.  Got 19 months to go to end, cant wait to leave.
Advanced Tutor

You were already 100% out of data before you started the test?
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Well Howdy!  Dang you got tore up on Data Usage.  So us on this forum need a bit more information.  So here goes.

Are you watching Hi-Def Video? RU using other Wi-Fi devices in the house?  Along with a bunch of other stuff so we can see what the heck is going on.  Then get it fixed.
Highlighted

You need to go to your My Dashboard and click on USAGE METER, that shows all upload and download while your system was turned off. I'm having a similar issue, when I go to the Usage page it shows me that even though my system was unplugged there was still some trickle usage, when I talk to tech support they say their not showing any usage while my system was unplugged. It's confusing to me how I can be seeing usage and yet they claim they are seeing no usage. I'm curious to find out what happens with your issue.

this is the screen shot I took, you will see that every hour shows some usage, even while the system was unplugged from 3PM to 5PM. I am really bothered by the fact that so many others are having this same issue. HughesNet needs to look into this.

Hi

Your Modem will use a small amount about 2 to 3 MB per hour that just maintains contact from the modem to the sat.  This is known as residual usage and can't be stopped as long as modem is plugged in and hooked up to the Dish.  I watch this because I have noticed this usage go to 8 to 9 MB per hour.  All I did was call till I got someone I could understand down in Texas and he checked it out and said, "Oh I see what happened." then corrected it and it has been fine ever since. Now this guy loosing 15GB in a week!!! there is something wrong more than likely on his side it can be fixed.
New Poster

I check my usage 4 or 5 times a day, well one day we lost power and when I got back on line about a day later,  I lost two gga's. LMAO. 

It happened 2 days into our cycle, literally overnight. All of our devices were off and disconnected, and there's no way we were able to use over 13 gigs in one night.