cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Data Usage and Tokens

ncseamonkey59
Sophomore

Re: Data Usage and Tokens

So when I click on "YES" to the error message above, I get the following error.  I AM logged in as an administrator as far as I can tell.

Capture1.JPG

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Did you try the instructions I linked to?  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GabeU

You also may want to take a look on the following page.  There may be some helpful info there.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/254991-impossible-to-uninstall/

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
ncseamonkey59
Sophomore

I have not yet - I wanted you to see what I posted above before.  I will try your link now.  How bizarre !!

ncseamonkey59
Sophomore

Used the link you gave me and I was finally able to uninstall Malwarebytes - everything is running fine now.  The 2 programs I was unable to use previously are running like a top.  

GabeU

That's good.  Glad to hear it.  

ncseamonkey59
Sophomore

I still have the Glasswire installed and am watching it.  I really appreciate all your help, so thank you very much !

GabeU

@ncseamonkey59 wrote:

I still have the Glasswire installed and am watching it.  I really appreciate all your help, so thank you very much !

You're quite welcome.  πŸ™‚

ncseamonkey59
Sophomore

My data started over on Friday, 10/1.  I have had my computer on about 2 hours each day.  Today, 10/3/2021, at 2:57 PM, it says I am already down to 87% of my data left for the month.  I do not watch videos, I do not play games.  I was told by somebody in the Executive Customer Care Department that there was a huge download on my computer on 08/06/2021. I have no idea what this is.  Glasswire has not been really helpful.  Ad blocker and malware also not helpful.  I was told by my contact in ECC to call tech support and ask them to check.  I am on the phone with them now and the language barrier is a huge problem. 

Does anybody have any idea what I can do to find out what is eating up my data?  I have had HughesNet for many years and have never run out of data until the last 2 months.  It is just me and my husband at home, no kids, and nothing has changed in the last couple of months.  I actually use my computer less now because I semi-retired in April and only work PT now (which I use my computer for).

Would you recommend that I take it to a shop?  My computer is just a year old.

Thanks,

GabeU

@ncseamonkey59 

Did you uninstall AdBlock Plus?  I hope not.  

Glasswire's only going to tell you how much data your computer is using, and what's using it, but it can't monitor the data other devices on your network use.