cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage and Tokens

ncseamonkey59
Sophomore

Re: Data Usage and Tokens

I did uninstall it, but put it back on.  I did NOT put malware back on because that was the culprit of 2 of my programs that I have to use for work.  I just checked my data usage at 8:25.  In 25 minutes, it had used 1 GB of data.  Something definitely is wrong.  I called tech support yesterday, but that was worthless.  Just spent an hour of the phone for the girl to tell me how much data I had left for the month, then was on hold about 35 minutes and I finally just hung up.

What would you recommend?  I need to get this taken care of.

Thanks !!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You probably need to work with one of the HughesNet reps on this site (@Liz , @Remy)  since they have access to diagnostic tools that may help figure out what's going on. They can also suggest further troubleshooting.  The usage comes from something in your network, very likely, so you need to identify what it is, and the reps may have some suggestions for you on how to go about that. 

ncseamonkey59
Sophomore

Thanks !

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ncseamonkey59 

Does the 1GB of usage show in Glasswire?  If so, from what?  If not, the problem is somewhere else in your network.  If the latter is the case, I'd remove all devices from your network, save for the computer, then add them back in one by one until you find the culprit.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Tonyclarke
Freshman

I'm with you, last month from the 3rd until the 23 I used 1.1 gb. Then in three days I used 18.9 gbs. They say everything is working normally. I have added nothing and done nothing different than usual.. now my account resets in the 3rd, and since then I've used 15.6 gbs already. I have nothing plugged in and even turned wifi off on my phone. Where's my data going?