cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ncseamonkey59
Sophomore

Data Usage and Tokens

Good Morning, 

I have 2 questions.  I have had Hughes Net for MANY years.  In all of those years, I only ran out of data ONCE and that was years ago when my daughter was visiting and tried to watch a 30 minute episode of The Office.  I work from home and use my computer mainly for work.  Last month I ran out of my PLAN data and this month I am almost out (I have 6% left with 8 days in the billing cycle).   I normally have at least half, usually more, of my PLAN data left and normally have 80% or more of my BONUS data left over each month. 

So my first question is how do I find out why I am using all of my data all of a sudden.

My second question - I have some tokens available to use.  I used 4 of them yesterday.  While I see they deducted them from the balance of my tokens (from 9 tokens down to 5), I do not see that using them increased my actual data balance.  Do the tokens not take affect until my data usage reaches ZERO?   

Thanks !

46 REPLIES 46

Thanks !

Good morning ncseamonkey59,

Happy to see you working with your fellow community members and using Glasswire, which should tell you what exactly is using your data. Just wanted to let you know that on our end the HughesNet equipment is working normally.

In looking at usage from Oct 1-3, I don't see any spikes indicating an unusually large upload or download that dropped your usage from 100% to 87%. What I do see is periodic light usage over those days that gradually brought your service plan data down to ~80%. 

At a glance your usage was:

Oct 1 ~1.5 GB 

Oct 2 ~2 GB 

Oct 3 ~1.6 GB

Then looking at Oct 2's usage for example, ~700 MB was used between 8am and noon, and ~500 MB between 6pm-8pm.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning ncseamonkey59,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ncseamonkey59 

Does the 1GB of usage show in Glasswire?  If so, from what?  If not, the problem is somewhere else in your network.  If the latter is the case, I'd remove all devices from your network, save for the computer, then add them back in one by one until you find the culprit.

I'm with you, last month from the 3rd until the 23 I used 1.1 gb. Then in three days I used 18.9 gbs. They say everything is working normally. I have added nothing and done nothing different than usual.. now my account resets in the 3rd, and since then I've used 15.6 gbs already. I have nothing plugged in and even turned wifi off on my phone. Where's my data going?