cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage drained by Hughesnet not Blame us for it.

Re: Data Usage drained by Hughesnet not Blame us for it.

I have done everything you have stated above and still having problem connecting properly to sites, and far as the usage over the weekend we lost 2gbs when we was not even hardly on there, we was mainly watching movies in the way of DVD, all has been done that I have been told except for the snapshot for one thing I know the turn out is going to be so I have not posted it, I should be able to see, but why was I having problems with the modem last night and not being able to get on at all so I unplugged it over night so now tell me about that, I think that I am owed some Tokens and not just the $ 20 per month of my bill for that and troubles, should been in the form of Tokens but I did except it, but still I think I am owed more in the way of Tokens, I also thing the re-peaked to much so might have to sent them back out to put it back where it was or small amount more, the Tech. tried to get the best signal, but some times that is not the best when you live in the Mountains with Pine, Fir, Oak, Madrone, Dog Wood, ect..., so the pine and fir grows and things changes.

My dish needs to be re-peak back any day now, also I am owed some Tokens any day now for the lost Data I have had. 

We was gone all day yesterday and yet we used up about 2gb and 6% drop in our DATA, and I have put a stop to the Auto Videos on FaceBook but still have not heard anything about a Program to stop the other ones from other sites, if everyone think they have the answer to things why haven't I heard about other programs, the thing is we got home about 7:30pm and was tired but we got on to check the E-mails and then I tried to get into HughesNet E-mail could not get in and if I did it was messing up where I finally shot it of and we are still having problem getting on here and have not heard about the Tech coming back out to re-peak the Dish, besides loosing Data and not being able to get on sites this is Hughes Net problem and they are missing with my internet, far as taking screen shots I will not since Hughes Net already knows how it is going to come out anyways can't they take the customers word for it, Liz you had them come out to Re-Peak the dish so have them redo it so we can get on here with out problems, that is where are usage is going because we have to refresh all the time, our Computers are not left on when not in use also the internet is turned off of them also I have the same problem during the Bonus time, there is one person here that streaming movies but during the Bonus time and that is at 43gb or 7gb used and still at 86%, now if steaming takes up usage why isn't it taking up more, Hughes Net is doing this and there is allot more people that this is happening to and the same thing is stated on what to do when they know what will happen. Get me my service back the way it should be, we are getting tire of the thing not working and having to Refresh all the time to get it to come up and that is on all site even Hughes Net.
Honorary Alumnus

AdBlock Plus:

https://adblockplus.org/

Install the proper version on each browser you have installed.

NoScript:

https://noscript.net/

Versions available for FireFox and Chrome.

So far I haven't seen you following the outlined steps:

#1: Connected a single computer directly to the Modem (No Router, No Multiple computers, No Wireless devices)

#2: Take a screenshot of the usage meter and immediately shut down the computer and disconnect the LAN cable from the rear of the Modem and log the time.

After a period of time:

#3: Reconnect the LAN cable to the Modem, start the computer and immediately take a screenshot of the usage meter and log the time.

#4: Post the shut down screenshot and time, post the startup screenshot and time.

Conclusion:

If there was usage during that time ..... it Hughes fault and you will have posted documented proof.

It there was no usage during that time .... its on your end ....

You never stated the type of loss (download or upload)

You haven't stated what OS you are using.

You haven't stated if you are connected wired or wirelessly all though that is immaterial because your "network" needs to simplified to a single directly connected computer.

Be aware also (as I'm sure you are with two "programmers" in the house) that the Hughes Modem will log a 13.1.1 error condition when the LAN cable is disconnected as well as the time and duration of the event in UTC time format. This will also aid in making your case.

Its not going to fix itself and it is going to require that you follow a procedure.

Since we was gone on the 13 August 2015 all day I want my system back working like it should be before January 2015, I lost another 2+gb besides dropping down 10+%, now if the jobs from all Companies did not hire people overseas then this would not be happening, there is allot of them (depend on the country) scammers which means that they use other peoples account to scam, call people up using scanners (at lease what the Feds call it and you can tell that) where they bonce around from one internet to another along with a scanners or as I like to say scramblers to be from being detected, this is one now that has been turn over to them so they can track them out.

But I Still Need my Dish RE-TEAK back so we do not have so much trouble getting on here, along with the E-mail is really bad and messing up.

Liz you made the first appointment why haven't you done this one if I have not seen something on here by 1:00pm PST then I will be calling in

Honorary Alumnus

The aim of your dish is done (in part) with a DAPT meter. The quality of the aim will be reflected in your signal strength.
What is listep as your signal strength displayed in your modems SCC found by entering 192.168.0.1

Kenneth, I use Chrome Browser, which I liked more in the past, but now since it's on all my devices, it's more convenient, but for some reason, it sometimes (alot) hangs on going to a site and the little circle (status) continues to spin w/out filling in the page.  At that time, I stop the "page" and "refresh" it using the X (not close the browser) and then the refresh button on the browser.  Then the page will fill in.  I'm not sure if it's the network at hughes that is causing the "hang", but this seems to override it.  
Assistant Professor

I don't know what to think when I read through this. Call me confused.

Good morning Kenneth,

Latest diagnostics on your site since the tech visit show that everything is in proper working order, and I'm not seeing any need for a re-peak. I've sent you tokens so you may receive an e-mailed confirmation order. This should be more than sufficient to allow you to perform the requested troubleshooting steps with no data-related hitches.

Looking forward to your screenshots.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Assistant Professor

Why am I thinking "ain't gonna happen".