cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage gauge not working

Data Usage gauge not working

I have had Hughesnet since the first of the month and have watched several movies and TV shows on Hulu and Amazon prime, but in 15 days it tells me I still have 99% of my usage??? Is this normal? I had Verizon Fusion and at this time of the month I would have be over half of my usage without viewing movies etc. Should I be worried? Is my data gauge not working?
4 REPLIES 4
Assistant Professor

Re: Data Usage gauge not working

If you have an HT1000 or 1100 modem then you get unlimited usage for the first 20 days of your first month. It is so you can do any updates that may be needed because of being offline for a long time. The meters will keep resetting during this time. After 20 days your data will start being consumed so watch it closely.
Assistant Professor

Also, I would highly recommend you do not watch any HD video as it will use a lot of data once your usage starts to count.

My guage consists of two vertical bars - the left bar for my "anytime bytes" and the right bar for the "bonus bytes" there are also values to the left of the bars indicating how much data I'm authorized and how much I have left. The system uses "anytime bytes" between 0800 and 0200 and "bonus bytes" between 0200 and 0800. There is also a value for any "token bytes" you have but those are only used after all your "anytime bytes" are used up. - Hope that helps
Alum

Hi pkaat,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. As mentioned by sgoshe, your first 20 days of service we implement a relaxed bandwidth period to help you get all of your devices up to date. Your first commissioned date was on the first of October so you have about a day left before you will have to start actively monitoring how much data you consume. If you haven't already you should also download the status meter on the customer support center. I hope this clears it up for you. If you have any other questions or concerns let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Thank you,
Chris