Hughesnet Community

Data allowance degraded after first month with HughesNet Enterprise

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twoodworksga

Data allowance degraded after first month with HughesNet Enterprise

We have a home based business and the 5 GB allowance was not enough for us to be able to work, so we called in regards to opening a business account.  The numbers were high but the data allowance was worth considering paying $100 a month for B.S. internet for our business.  But I had to talk the numbers over with my husband first.  I spoke with 3 different sales associates in the business department on 3 different occasions and were told by all 3 that our data would go like this: We would have 20 GB between the hours of 8 am-6pm, 10 GB between the hours of 6pm-2am and from 2am-8am we would have the regular 50 bonus bytes.  All 3 sales associate plus the installer all assured me that I have that 50 bonus bytes.  Once my stuff was all set up I immediately went to my control center and it only showed 10 GB Anytime and 20 GB Bonus.  The install assured me that  their  system wasn't designed to show 3 and that my daytime data was showing as the bonus.  He also informed me that I would have "unlimited data for the first 20 days to update my devices".  June 1st was day 21 and the data usage happened as I expected.  During our business hours between 8am-6pm our data meters changed as we used our data-no problem here.  After 6pm it was the same, our meter changed as we used the data-no problem here.  I would get up in the morning and take advantage of our bonus bytes and watch the news or youtube for 2 hours or so before 8am.  Our anytime data wouldn't start changing until 8am.  As I expected it to.  We would stop watching and streaming videos at 8 am.  Our data reset for the month last night while we slept, now my data plan has changed to my 10 GB is for the hours of 6pm -8am.  So of course I call thinking there is some glitch in the system.  I was lucky to get a guy in TX as I could understand him clearly but he said that I was told wrong and that only residential has the 50 bonus bytes and that my only option was to take the costly route and cancel my service.  I was getting frustrated after numerous times he had tried to explain how my data worked and basically said that after 2am I have no data to use until 8am???  Then of course he would correct himself and say that he didn't say that and that my anytime data is from 6pm-8am.  All calls are recorded but yet no one can retrieve the recorded calls from the sales department when I was assured that I have the 50GB bonus bytes.  I have accepted that I live in the sticks and hughesnet is the only option I have and at times it will be the worst connection and that netflix and pandora will never again be apart of lives, but now I have to accept $100 pm for internet service that was sold to me under false information and I just have to deal?!  How do I get this issue escalated to a higher department?  The guy repeatedly told me that I must have had a residential department sales associate and that is why I was misinformed.  But no, when I called to inquire about business service the number on my bill was who I called first and they said "I can't help you with that you have to speak to our business department"  they couldn't even transfer me they had to give me a different number to call.  Then once I had my business service established I had to call the residential department and cancel then argue that I should not be charged the penalty for canceling early because I have a business account with hughesnet.  The bottom line is that I was sold something that I would have never agreed to,  based on the information I was given this morning.  It is 2016 and I am paying for dial up internet and crapy customer service in the Philippines or Mexico .  This is highway robbery!
22 REPLIES 22
donsjgm
Junior

Hi twoodworksga,

Seeing this is your first post, welcome to the community.
The Official Reps are here Monday thru Friday and I'm sure one of them will look into your case.
You will need to post either the case# the Rep on the phone gave you OR the serial number on the bottom of your modem, so that they can find you in the system.

DO NOT post your SAN #!!! (the one beginning with DSS)

The community is the direct solution to solving your problems. Glad you found your way here.

Don  🙂
twoodworksga

The rep wouldn't give me a case number.  I kept asking to send me to his manager and he said that "no one was available", of course I asked to create a "ticket" or whatever they do and have a manager get back with me, but he said "it would just be denied" so he wouldn't submit one.

Are you familiar with business data plans?
donsjgm
Junior

Honestly, I'm not familiar with the business plans but I have been helping people here at the community for some time.
In reading your post, I can tell that you need one of the Official Reps here to look into your case.
The Reps have direct contact with engineering, billing and sales.
With the serial number (located either on the back or bottom) of your modem they can review your calls.
The Reps here are some of the finest employees that HughesNet has and I can assure you that they can make things right.
They will bend over backwards to do what they can to make you a happy customer.
This being said, they are not here to "give away the store" but will take care of any and all reasonable needs or requests.
I sense from your post that you are not looking for something unreasonable and that's why I feel that your issues can and will be resolved.
twoodworksga

Thank you and I hope it does.  

We use those night time hours to update our phones and computers.  One update would take all 10 GB in a heart beat!

They may not want to listen to my call from today as I was very upset.  . . .

I watch our data closely as it makes it really hard to operate with dial up speed and I have learned to manage it pretty well in the last 6 months.  So seeing how the last 12 days and our data usage was happening this just doesn't seem right.  

Any ways thanks again for commenting!
donsjgm
Junior

To be clear, the Official Reps can "look" into your system (not your computer) and determine if there is a problem there as well.
If the problem lies within YOUR equipment, such as malware, unsecured router, etc. then although it's your problem, the community here can help you with that as well.
It's a process. There is no such thing as a "magic bullet".
In either case, you have come to the right place for help.

Regards,

Don  🙂
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Not sure if the Reps here can pull the sales call for a business account, but, it sounds like you are on the "Select 100" service plan, which offers 20GB of data between 8AM to 6PM(Typical business hours) and 10GB for the remainder of the day/night.

Basically a Business account is your buckets being used in different time slots, but because the larger bucket is set up for the day, they can't just offer 50GB for all of the business plans.  The only business plan that does offer 50GB for business hours is the Select 400 service plan, but still only offers 10GB for the remainder of the day, it also costs around $160 from the looks of it.
twoodworksga

How are we ever supposed to update our devices?  10 GB isn't enough and we need the rest of our 20 just to operate our business!  I really hope you are wrong!  But yes we have the select 100, and if they can pull up the recordings from the sales calls and the sales rep said that I would have that then I am entitled to that 50GB bonus. I would have never agreed to that plan. I never use 1/3 of that so what harm could it be to let business people have that.  You kinda made me sad, I was hopeful that the guy I spoke with today was wrong. . . .
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

This appears to be a list of the available business plans, list by platform:

Source:

http://legal.hughesnet.com/FairAccessPolicyGen4.cfm

Beyond that, there is always the option to purchase Tokens.
twoodworksga

But my problem is the sales reps all told me that the 50 GB were included.  I would have never agreed to switch plans.  I am wanting to go after the fact that the sales reps can mislead so many people and we have to suffer and stuck in expensive plans that are not what we thought they were.  I have read that many people have the same problems.  Those may be the plans but that was not what I was told I have.  And there is the fact that the last 11 days I would stream videos and music before 8 am and it would never use my anytime data.  . .
donsjgm
Junior

Lets give the Official Reps a chance to weigh in here and see what they can and cannot do.
Certified Train

Nearly all sales calls are recorded.  For 3 agents to all state that you would get the 50 bonus GB's would be something I am sure Hughesnet would be very interested to investigate.  I am sure that when it's discovered you were mislead, they will let you out of the contract without a penalty.  You would be better off on the Ultra Plan (if it's available in your area).  This is a 50/50 GB plan for only $79.99/mo. 
Amanda

Good morning twoodworksga,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I see that our community members have already gotten you off to a great start with advice and next steps for your concerns. I would also like to have a hand in this and review your account history, sales calls if available and see what can be done to get this all fixed up.

The first need we'll need to do is find your account, so if you have a recent case number or even the serial number from the bottom/back of your modem, I can find your account and get started.

Thanks
Amanda
twoodworksga

Wow that sounds like a great plan, but with my luck its not available here.
twoodworksga

Hi Amanda!  Thank you for taking your time to help me with this issue.  

I am so disappointed that in fact my plan does not come with the 50 bonus bytes as those were just as important as the daytime data.  I was misinformed by the sales reps I spoke with.  I am looking back thru my papers to see if I have any names.  

The calls happened the week of May 2-11th.  We have to consider all things before adding a bill over $100 per month to our budget.  It was a bummer because the first person stated 30/10/50 GB for $100 then I called back after talking to my husband only to find that that plan was $120 and we would have to pay something like $190 upfront for equipment.  Had to hash it out again, called back and spoke to the most helpful person as he explained that the 20/10/50 was $100 and that the money upfront would all come back to me via rebates and credits to my account.  So we went for it.

The rest is mentioned in my original post. 

The SN off my modem is b3 0011011906 ao

Also I would love to know if the Ultra Plan is available in my area (doubt it but it can't hurt to ask).

Again thank you!  
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

twoodworksga,

If you visit http://www.hughesnet.com/plans-and-pricing/internet-service#lookup_form and input your information, they will show what residential plans are available to you.  The highest plan will either be Ultra with 50/50, or the plan I have, which is 20/50.
twoodworksga

The link doesn't seem to work properly.
Amanda

Hello twoodworksga,

Thank you for your patience. I was able to review your final sales call with Jeff (after you talked to his manager, Ken). Jeff does originally offer the Select 200 with the 30GB/10GB split explained correctly, then you ask if you can start with the Select 100 and upgrade from there. Jeff explains the data is 20GB/10GB at that point. There was never 50GB mentioned on that call. This is also the call where you ordered the service and paid for it over the phone. 

Unfortunately the user "Certified Trainer/Dealer/Technician" did not take into account that you are not a residential customer, therefore the Ultra plan is not available on your system. 

Thank you
Amanda
twoodworksga

What if I went back to residential?
twoodworksga

What about the other sales calls where I was told I would have the 50 gb?
Certified Train

Amanda, I believe you completely missed the point I was trying to make.  I can't believe the amount of back and forth that goes on within this site.  You are an "official rep" from Hughesnet.  How about you just take care of this customer by releasing her from their SME account with no early termination fees and have HNS set her up with a residential Ultra Plan and get it routed to first available fulfillment dealer to get out to her home for installation.  That way we can go on to help the next customer.