cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance degraded after first month with HughesNet Enterprise

Junior

Re: Data allowance degraded after first month with HughesNet Enterprise

Lets give the Official Reps a chance to weigh in here and see what they can and cannot do.

Nearly all sales calls are recorded.  For 3 agents to all state that you would get the 50 bonus GB's would be something I am sure Hughesnet would be very interested to investigate.  I am sure that when it's discovered you were mislead, they will let you out of the contract without a penalty.  You would be better off on the Ultra Plan (if it's available in your area).  This is a 50/50 GB plan for only $79.99/mo. 

Good morning twoodworksga,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I see that our community members have already gotten you off to a great start with advice and next steps for your concerns. I would also like to have a hand in this and review your account history, sales calls if available and see what can be done to get this all fixed up.

The first need we'll need to do is find your account, so if you have a recent case number or even the serial number from the bottom/back of your modem, I can find your account and get started.

Thanks
Amanda

Wow that sounds like a great plan, but with my luck its not available here.

Hi Amanda!  Thank you for taking your time to help me with this issue.  

I am so disappointed that in fact my plan does not come with the 50 bonus bytes as those were just as important as the daytime data.  I was misinformed by the sales reps I spoke with.  I am looking back thru my papers to see if I have any names.  

The calls happened the week of May 2-11th.  We have to consider all things before adding a bill over $100 per month to our budget.  It was a bummer because the first person stated 30/10/50 GB for $100 then I called back after talking to my husband only to find that that plan was $120 and we would have to pay something like $190 upfront for equipment.  Had to hash it out again, called back and spoke to the most helpful person as he explained that the 20/10/50 was $100 and that the money upfront would all come back to me via rebates and credits to my account.  So we went for it.

The rest is mentioned in my original post. 

The SN off my modem is b3 0011011906 ao

Also I would love to know if the Ultra Plan is available in my area (doubt it but it can't hurt to ask).

Again thank you!  
Associate Professor

twoodworksga,

If you visit http://www.hughesnet.com/plans-and-pricing/internet-service#lookup_form and input your information, they will show what residential plans are available to you.  The highest plan will either be Ultra with 50/50, or the plan I have, which is 20/50.

The link doesn't seem to work properly.

Hello twoodworksga,

Thank you for your patience. I was able to review your final sales call with Jeff (after you talked to his manager, Ken). Jeff does originally offer the Select 200 with the 30GB/10GB split explained correctly, then you ask if you can start with the Select 100 and upgrade from there. Jeff explains the data is 20GB/10GB at that point. There was never 50GB mentioned on that call. This is also the call where you ordered the service and paid for it over the phone. 

Unfortunately the user "Certified Trainer/Dealer/Technician" did not take into account that you are not a residential customer, therefore the Ultra plan is not available on your system. 

Thank you
Amanda

What if I went back to residential?

What about the other sales calls where I was told I would have the 50 gb?