cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data drain this month

Highlighted

Data drain this month

What the heck is going on this month where only 13 days into the month, I am down to having only 37% of my 10G left?  We are doing nothing different than previous months.  I only download updates, etc. between 6 & 8 am.  I HAVE NOT upgraded to Windows 10.  We do not have any Smart TV's, phone's wireless is turned off, etc.

Side note: Stopped at the Microsoft store over the weekend to ask about scheduling updates for Windows 10, but was told this could only be accomplished if I upgraded to Windows PRO, which is $200.  Explained the situation with the 10G data cap and they had no solutions unless going with the Pro version. That's not going to happen here.   

I did run my system cleaner yesterday as I was wondering if that would help, but have not used it enough today to see.

Any suggestions? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Data drain this month

Good morning grapesb816,

Thanks for posting and sharing those details. We highly suggest using GlassWire, which is a third-party data monitoring program to help you pinpoint the programs on your PC that connect to the internet and use your data. Some of our community members here have used the program with success, so feel free to ask them for tips. https://www.glasswire.com

The program only monitors data usage on the computer it's installed on, so it's best to start with one computer directly connected to the HughesNet modem, run GlassWire on the computer and see what it comes up with.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->